• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

big 3 news

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Indeed they were invited.  That doesn't put them on the same level with FSU, UM and UF.  They all have conference titles, BCS bowl victories and national titles.

And they have years upon years compared to usf's 9 years of football (going into our 10th).

Wait a minute... how many years does UCF have on USF?   ;D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

I never said UCF was legit either, now did I?

Oh snap! ;)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

exactly dog... Most UCF people dont think they are part of a big 4.... only green cows do that.

exactly dog... Most UCF people dont think they are part of a big 4.... only green cows do that.

Closer than UCF... that's a fact.

Guest Jay(Guest)

Sorry guys, NOBODY (literally, NOBODY) outside of USF thinks that USF is part of a Florida "Big 4".  ;D   You're not even close... I'm talking WORLDS away from having that kind of success.  Where do you guys get this idea from?  Do you honestly think that if your program was located in a state other than Florida that you would would have gotten the BE invite?  Come on now, try to be a little real.

Sorry guys, NOBODY (literally, NOBODY) outside of USF thinks that USF is part of a Florida "Big 4".  ;D   You're not even close... I'm talking WORLDS away from having that kind of success.  Where do you guys get this idea from?  Do you honestly think that if your program was located in a state other than Florida that you would would have gotten the BE invite?  Come on now, try to be a little real.

Fact: USF got invited... not UCF.  USF is closer to becoming part of the big 3 than UCF.

Spin away....

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

WHY DIDNT FTU/OU/OC GET AN INVITE

Guest Jay(Guest)

Well, really UCF not getting invited is irrevelant because the point that I was trying to make is that USF is NOWHERE NEAR Florida's Big 3.  To even suggest this makes you a fool.

BUT, I think it is because of the Big East's lack of foresight.  In particular, the presidents of Rugters and (I believe) Syracuse pitched a hissy fit at the idea of UCF being invited.  I'm sure you saw the 'Big East Papers' that the Orlando Sentinel release last year.  UCF was on the initial list, but the meeting minutes described two school presidents stating they would leave the conference if UCF was invited.  Not to mention, UCF was stuggling to field a good, disciplined football team

So what can you say about the foresight of the BE?  Well, UCF has a bigger, more loyal fanbase, a REAL coach, an on-campus stadium and arena under contruction, a well connected AD, players who are setting records for academic performance, a medical school on the way...  USF has nothing but the BCS conference tag they were handed.  The Big East should be embarrassed by the fact they extended the invite to the Bulls, especiall considering the trouble that constantly surrounds your players and the fact that you recruit players who cannot survive in college.

But again, this is all beside the point that USF is not even a blip (and I'll say neither is UCF) on the Florida college football radar.

Well, really UCF not getting invited is irrevelant because the point that I was trying to make is that USF is NOWHERE NEAR Florida's Big 3.  To even suggest this makes you a fool.

I'll try it AGAIN... we are closer to the big 3 than UCF... next

BUT, I think it is because of the Big East's lack of foresight.  In particular, the presidents of Rugters and (I believe) Syracuse pitched a hissy fit at the idea of UCF being invited.  I'm sure you saw the 'Big East Papers' that the Orlando Sentinel release last year.  UCF was on the initial list, but the meeting minutes described two school presidents stating they would leave the conference if UCF was invited.  Not to mention, UCF was stuggling to field a good, disciplined football team

We were on the list too... Thanks for stating a fact.  And no... I do not have a hard-on for UCF nor the Orlando paper, so I did not read the 'Big East papers'. Yea, I know, you guys really sucked for being in a football state.

Next....

So what can you say about the foresight of the BE?  Well, UCF has a bigger, more loyal fanbase, a REAL coach, an on-campus stadium and arena under contruction, a well connected AD, players who are setting records for academic performance, a medical school on the way...  USF has nothing but the BCS conference tag they were handed.  The Big East should be embarrassed by the fact they extended the invite to the Bulls, especiall considering the trouble that constantly surrounds your players and the fact that you recruit players who cannot survive in college.

Bigger and a more loyal fan base... what kind of a statement is that?  Look at the attendance for evidence.  There’s is no proof beyond that.  A REAL coach... OK since JL isn't and he hasn't done crap for USF  ::)  (who is in the BCS?)... and who lied on his resume?  GOL - what a real character guy  ;D.  We have an arena on campus already (not as new obviously) and why brag about an upscale on campus High School stadium?  Bleachers?  We already have a Med School and $310M in research money this past year (compared to the $110M that UCF had).

Yet, USF has nothing besides the BCS conference tag.  Though I know UCF and USF will once and for all be tier 3 next year... what do you have to say about UCF's 4 tier tag?

But again, this is all beside the point that USF is not even a blip (and I'll say neither is UCF) on the Florida college football radar.

And we will both show them this year.

PS- why not register?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

Closer than UCF... that's a fact.

Ok... I agree... USF is 100 mile from the big 3...

UCF is 100 and 1/2 miles a way.. ::)