• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Defensive End George Selvie

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Thanx guys ... I did not see the game ... it was a frustrating 1st half and it left an impression - Bad One at that.

I will be in Tamplona for FIU and then at Toon Town ... can't wait !

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  96
  • Days Won:  0

What game our we talking about ?

The one I was at and watched again today, the D-Line was blown off the line and didnt put any pressure on the QB. The LB's made every tackle. Hell at times the Ends were taken so far up field that I thought they were huge cornerbacks.

Rutgers will rush for 400 yards on us.

Come back Coach LANE!!!!!!

Willing to bet ?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

What game our we talking about ?

The one I was at and watched again today, the D-Line was blown off the line and didnt put any pressure on the QB. The LB's made every tackle. Hell at times the Ends were taken so far up field that I thought they were huge cornerbacks.

Come back Coach LANE!!!!!!

What were your expectations?  To go three and out on every series?  Besides the QB, the rest of the team had 26 net yards on the ground.  They had one drive on us early in the game while we were still working the rust off.  If it wasn't for a couple of penalties, they would not have been on our side of the field after that.

They had 62 yards passing .  34 on one play.  17 on another  Both early in the game (and the season)  After that we pretty much shut them down.

Do we have room for improvement?  Absolutely, but I don't think it is realistic to think we will go 3 and out and hold any team no completions and no yards.  We'll get better now that the guys have some snaps under their belts.

I agree we need to get lots better to stop the top running teams, but i think we have the athletes to do it with.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  242

I also agree that we will get better but my concern was that this was/is a solid I-AA team that was able at times to run the ball  and able to create  holes in the line.  Thought being what would a team with a stronger line/better backs be able to accomplish.  Although statisically we didn't give up much, which we shouldn't, I think we they exposed some ares that need improving. Regarding the secondary, this may be our best/deepest we have ever had.  Trae Williams is a freak.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

McNeese did have too many drives for my liking.  I thought for sure we would shut them out until maybe the 4th quarter when some reserves played.  Oh well, I am not worried about it since I know they will look at the film and realize they need to play tougher the rest of the year.

I disagree.  They only had 160 yards or so the WHOLE game.  Don't care if they were playing a D111 team that is impressive.  Most of their drives where held together by their qb scrambling, not necessarily good offensive play.  Bulls basically held them to 3 pts, their td was a gimme.  Of all the problems we had, defense wasn't one of them.    

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

the defense did not dominate like i expected. the numbers look good but...the play on the field make me skitish

They was only 1 official Sack and it wasn't George  :P

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

selvie needs to make a few more plays a game

one sack wont cut it

all in all  usf's dline was push down the field most of the night

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

The only two areas that concerned me, and really need to be shored up are punting, and the running backs.  The stats are deceiving but we need Plancher back and Ponton too.  The other guys are just managable 1-A backs, and Erskin I thought was a joke by our staff.

I am a bit worried about the O-Line as well. Depth and performance. Any youth on the horizon that I don't know about?