• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

dunce cap goes to jerry jones

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

my beloved cowboys will be sorry for passing on jackson

"Beloved Cowboys"....?? That is very disappinting, steve ...... very very disappointing.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I've never been a big Parcells fan... I've always been a die hard Cowboys fan though. Each year the Cowboys take an unknown or an undersized player, and three years down the road, that player is playing above his draft position. See Texas A&M's Dat Nyguen for instance. I trust Jones... he is a shrewd business man. If he doesn't like what is going on, he won't hesitate to make a change. I thought Landry was an icon... but at the same time, Landry was about as productive in the 80's as the Bills were in Super Bowls. Here comes Jones, Landry goes, Johnson comes in, and after two years of disparity, we make a great run. At the same time, JJ leaves, Switzer comes in, and boom, like Gruden, Switzer nabs a Super Bowl ring. Jones has three Super Bowl victories in his tenure with Dallas... how many other owners can claim two? God Bless Jerry Jones and my Dallas Cowboys!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

I've never been a big Parcells fan... I've always been a die hard Cowboys fan though. Each year the Cowboys take an unknown or an undersized player, and three years down the road, that player is playing above his draft position. See Texas A&M's Dat Nyguen for instance. I trust Jones... he is a shrewd business man. If he doesn't like what is going on, he won't hesitate to make a change. I thought Landry was an icon... but at the same time, Landry was about as productive in the 80's as the Bills were in Super Bowls. Here comes Jones, Landry goes, Johnson comes in, and after two years of disparity, we make a great run. At the same time, JJ leaves, Switzer comes in, and boom, like Gruden, Switzer nabs a Super Bowl ring. Jones has three Super Bowl victories in his tenure with Dallas... how many other owners can claim two? God Bless Jerry Jones and my Dallas Cowboys!

My boy Robert Kraft can claim two in last three years, how has Dallas been lately?  God bless JJ and Hershel Walker and pity Jerry Jones for running JJ out of town.

Here are the last three drafts for Cowboys before Tuna arrived. Here is the reason your team has sucked and would have been even worse if it were not for his hire of Tuna.

Q Carter

Tony Dixon

Willie Blade

Markus Steele

Matt Lehr

Colston Weatherington

John Nix

Dwayne Goodrich

Kareem Larrimore

Michael Wiley

Mario Edwards

Orantes Grant

Ebeneezer Eukaban

Solomon Page

Dat Nguyen

Wayne McGarrity

Hunndens Zellner

Martay Jenkins

Mike Lucky

Kelvin Garmon

Besides Dat, and Quincy who they obviously have no faith in, who else is even in NFL any longer. Is any of the players any good?  You should be greatful that Tuna has come to dallas.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

kr- the greatest drafter isn't bill parcells

george young built giants

who says tuna wanted julius jones?

cowboy draft under jones guidance has been dismal

jimmy johnson was brains behind early cowboy success

kr- the greatest drafter isn't bill parcells

george young built giants

who says tuna wanted julius jones?

cowboy draft under jones guidance has been dismal

jimmy johnson was brains behind early cowboy success

Parcells is brains behind draft and is picking cowboys who he has already turned around.  He picked for Pats who he turned right around  and he did same thing for the jets. Show me anyone that has done that. Show me what young did after tuna left? I gaurentee that tuna wanted Julius Jones as tuna is not a guy who picks rb's early in draft unless he loves the guy.  I hope cowboys and tuna fall flat on their face but it won't happen.  Herscal walker was brains behind cowboys success combined with JJ who is one hell of a drafter in his own right, though he loves the questionable charecter guys a little to much.

jj was better than parcells at evaluating talent

jj was better than parcells at evaluating talent

JJ the guy who picked Yatil Green, John Avery, and JJ Johnson with his first pick for dolphins three years in a row?

Parcells four years in NE.

1993 Bledsoe(1) Troy Brown(7)

1994 Willie McGinest(1)

1995 Law(1) Ted Johnson (2) Curtis Martin (3)

1996 Terry Glenn(1) Lawyer Milloy(2) Teddy Bruschi(3)

All the players above were pro bowlers, he also picked many other fine players in those 4 years.

Pete Carrol (your god mazza) picked the worst players ever after tuna left and killed the team but luckily Belicheck came in time to save the franchise again.

Pete carrolls top picks the next three years

Chris Canty(1) Brandon Mitchell(2)

Robert Edwards(1) Tebucky Jones (1) Tony simmons(2) Rod ruteledge(2)- 4 picks in first two rounds and that is what we got in 1998?

Damien Woody(1) Andy Katzenmoyer(1) Kevin Faulk (2)

carroll is a great college coach

i never said a  think good about himn as a pro coach

KR- please don't distort the truth

jj evaluation of talent is well know citing dolphins picks mean little because teams would line up to make him highest paid nfl man should he desire.

jerry jones is running show in dallAS:

Dallas Cowboys Coach Bill Parcells reportedly has told owner Jerry Jones that he can coexist with guard Larry Allen next season as long as Allen shows up for a June minicamp in shape. The Detroit Lions thought they had a draft-day trade worked out to acquire Allen, an eight-time Pro Bowl selection, but Allen reportedly refused to rework his contract to accommodate the Lions because he'd rather go to the Raiders.

carroll is a great college coach

i never said a  think good about himn as a pro coach

KR- please don't distort the truth

jj evaluation of talent is well know citing dolphins picks mean little because teams would line up to make him highest paid nfl man should he desire.

jerry jones is running show in dallAS:

Dallas Cowboys Coach Bill Parcells reportedly has told owner Jerry Jones that he can coexist with guard Larry Allen next season as long as Allen shows up for a June minicamp in shape. The Detroit Lions thought they had a draft-day trade worked out to acquire Allen, an eight-time Pro Bowl selection, but Allen reportedly refused to rework his contract to accommodate the Lions because he'd rather go to the Raiders.

Me distort the truth? Are you not the king of that?  You have said more then once that Carrol is a great coach. I dont recall you putting great college coach and crappy pro coach but if you did please reference it for me.   Tuna is making the picks in dallas or he wouldnt be there. JJ would have a line of suiters as he is a great coach but he is not the best. He didnt do much in Miami.