• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how many season tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614
  • Days Won:  0

And about a 10k per game average increase.

I hope McNeese and FIU travel as well as FAMU and UCF. ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how many tickets USF has sold to date for the UCF game?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Have not heard anything official ... but would say about 16K  :-[

You, sir, are correct per a note in Wednesday's Trib.

USF assistant AD Jim Louk said Tuesday about 16,000 season tickets already had been sold and he expects to pass last year's numbers. USF sold 16,261 season tickets in 2005 and 16,374 in 2004. In USF's nine seasons, the Bulls have sold at least 16,000 season tickets, including a record 18,500 in the 1997 inaugural season.

seems we are not adding season tix holders on ave.(losing as much as we are adding)

why have we not surpassed the 97 (18.5K) in 10 years.

i was under the impression that we were growing every year, what gives :-[

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Unfortunately ... there are just not enough FootBULL fans  :-[  :P

It amazes me ... we have had very good teams fielded. Taking a lot longer than I would have imagined. Especially when we arrived in The Big East/BCS ... the past few years, student attendance has been good, so let's hope they will become season ticket holders - or atleast come to ALL the games.

It doesn't appear that the Class of 06 has been knocking the doors down to get season tickets.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

The amount of time the program has been around plays a tremendous part in the season tickets sold. Think of it this way, lets say conservatively that USF graduates 6,000 students per year. Of the 6,000 lets say only 1 out of 20 are football fans (seems pretty conservative). That would equate to 300 fans from each graduating class. Thus far, in its 10 years of existence, USF has only had 2 full graduating classes. This would suggest that almost all of the 16,000-17,000 season tickets sold are held by alumni who graduated before USF fielded a team. Now lets say that the 300 football fans from each graduating class only account for an additional 600 season tickets sold annually. Over the next decade that would represent an additional 6,000 season tickets and over the next 20 years, 12,000 season tickets. That would place us at 28,000 to 29,000 season ticket holders by the year 2026, based on extremely conservative estimates. (And I know there will be turnover and a lot of you older board members will be long dead by then ;), but lets assume that the turnover from death and financial limitations is cancelled out by additional season ticket purchasers)

Just food for thought. I'm bored at work!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Makes sense . . . I will go along with that  8-)

But I am still disappointed in Tampa area football fans that do not have a close tie to other schools :-/

It doesn't appear that the Class of 06 has been knocking the doors down to get season tickets.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a college graduate usually needs to get a JOB and establish themselves before they can consider buying season tickets. This is my first year as a season ticket holder. I am a graduate of the Class of '03, but I went on to law school and now I am FINALLY in a position where I could buy season tickets. I think that this is the case for many recent graduates; need to start a family/career/finish schooling before buying those tix.

Makes sense . . . I will go along with that  8-)

But I am still disappointed in Tampa area football fans that do not have a close tie to other schools :-/

I think those fans without ties account for some of the 20,000 + non-season ticket holders who show up for our more 'desireable" games (See: Pitt, UL, etc). It is not reasonable to expect someone with no ties to USF to become a season ticket holder. I am not saying that does not occur, but it is more likely to be the exception than the rule. So long as we are getting 35,000 to 45,000 at a game, I will be satisfied for the time being. Wait until the Miami game, I am betting we top 50k easily, and a lot of those will be fans of football coming to see a good game.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Really hoping that people get excited and we can get closer to 18K ... but it is a good sign that we have been atleast at the same level the past 3 years ... but with the Big East(BCS) you would think more fans would jump on board.

We have Miami coming and they better get their seats before the good ones are gone for The BULL PEN !

Hope we get an announcement soon about a future game(s) on contract.

Go BULLS !!!

Where did you read that?  He said he expected to exceed 2005's total.  Whether that's one tix more or 2000 more it remains to be seen. :P

Actually something people forgot to mention that when practice started last year season tickets sold were around 15,000.  I've heard that as the season draws near they always get a last minute surge from fan interest, and last minute purchasers.  The fact we're already well over 16,000 tells me that 17,000 is highly likely (although my contact had told me the other day we were close to 17,000- :-X), and who knows, 18,000 or close to it could be an outside possibility.

Mr Louk doesn't seem to agree with you.

According to Mr Louk there was a slight drop in ticket sales from 2004 to 2005.

Where did you read that? He said he expected to exceed 2005's total. Whether that's one tix more or 2000 more it remains to be seen.