• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DVD Premier Party

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

That's too cool.

About how many people ... what (former)players were there ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

We were the only fans. Marquell was there, so was Chris Carothers, Shaun Hay, Jay Mize, Dixon, Marshall Smith, Larry Scot, I think Roy Manns was there too.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Reminds me of something ...E.T. you mentioned "The First Stampede"...

Well BloomTown is not our only film idol.  Yours truly appeared in "The First Stampede."  I know you're thinking "there were no fans in there, no fan commentary."  That's true.  

I was in the film clips from the game against Cumberland.  Patrolling the sidelines as a fan.  The "field" there was just that.  A filed with a couple portable bleachers put here and there.  The fans literally walked through the team on the sideline to get a coke or a dog.

My father-in-law and I walked the sidelines the entire game.  I almost got the crap knocked out of me when Cory Porter leapt high into the air for a pass near the goal line - landing out of bounds and virtually on top of me...I got a great picture though...and almost some bruises.

What great memories. I look forward to the new DVD and all the memories that will stir.

More from Mike Camunas on the Oracle blog (linked above):

Almost famous

A premiere. I’m attending one, and it feels funny — like I’m a celebrity. Albeit not a very famous one, but it's definitely something I’ve never done before. And I am speaking of the premiere of one of the very few DVDs on USF football. (You can buy the Meineke Car Care Bowl DVD from December, if you can stomach the loss.)

I must be a little more famous than I think because I got an advanced copy of the DVD on the 10-year history of the football team, and all in all, it’s not a bad production. The menu looks nice, there are interviews, great highlight clips that were probably hard to dig up, and it’s interesting to see how young players such as Anthony Henry and J.R. Reed looked. Heck, the kicking tee story still cracks me up to this day.

The best shots, besides the chapter titled "Best Plays," have to be of the trailers, which the coaches used before the athletic facility was built. If you never got a chance to see them, trust me, you weren’t missing much, and Leavitt and company have it pretty cozy now in their own wing.

Some great highlights are featured on the DVD, including Reed’s game and a half against Memphis, Bill Gramatica’s 63-yard field goal and just about anything Marquel Blackwell did.

All the history is also portrayed through the disc, including when nine wins wasn’t enough for a bowl game in 2002, all the way to last year’s remarkable season and the time spent in Charlotte.

And if you pay close attention to the locker room scene when the Bulls are invited to their bowl game, you’ll see a cameo appearance by yours truly over the right shoulder of Meineke Car Care Bowl coordinator George Johnson.

Well, whether you’re a message-board poster, a tailgater on Saturday afternoon or that die hard fan with the USF logo tattoo, it’s a must-have. Retail price is — yikes! $19.99! I’ll let you guys decide on the purchase and not spoil any more of it. And for you new students, use your financial aid on it. Just don’t tell the University you did.

He's got more on Lelo and Tino...and COWBELL!

Go to the Oracle Blog

Speaking of...Mike...where can you buy the Meineke DVD?

Loved this moment !

Bill Gramatica’s 63-yard field goal

I will NEVER forget that ball sail throw the air ... seemed 4ever !  :o

Go BULLS !!!