• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

AWFULLY GOOD GAME: Leavitt said the Bulls' game with UCF "seems like an awfully good game." However, he stopped short of saying he wanted a USF-UCF series, which ends this season, to continue.

Saturday, UCF coach George O'Leary said he wants an annual series with the Bulls.

"It's between [uSF athletic director] Doug Woolard and [uCF AD] Keith [Tribble] whether the game will happen in the future," Leavitt said.

Leavitt is more interested in a possible annual USF-Miami series to be played Thanksgiving weekend, reported last week by The Tampa Tribune.

"I think that game has a chance - and I don't want to speak for anyone else - to be played every year," Leavitt said.

Woolard, Miami AD Paul Dee, Big East and ACC officials have discussed a possible annual series between USF and UM to be televised nationally by ESPN on Thanksgiving weekend.

http://www.tbo.com/sports/MGBB3S97AQE.html

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Leavitt yesterday:

On the series with Miami and possible game in the future ... “I know going down to Miami was year was pretty powerful because Miami has won more National Championships than anyone else in the state of Florida along with their tradition and where they are on the national scene. That along with going down there after our Louisville game there was a lot of attention on our program. So that was a pretty powerful time for program and I really enjoyed that. And now Miami is going to come back up and play us, and now that’s something that is being talked about, is us playing Miami in the future. You know, BCS against BCS and that kind of deal. I would imagine that is why Miami has some interest. I don’t think that they would have had as much interest if we weren’t in a BCS conference. I think the fact that we are allows them – if it is a political step or whatever – that game has a chance to be played every year.â€Â

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Leavitt relishes Miami, not UCF

By GREG AUMAN and IZZY GOULD

Published July 31, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA - A day after Central Florida coach George O'Leary reiterated his desire to play USF on an annual basis, Bulls coach Jim Leavitt was less emphatic when asked whether he wanted the rivalry renewed be-yond this season.

... Read More:

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/07/31/Sports/Leavitt_relishes_Miam.shtml

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Nice to see Leavitt not acting like O'Liar and trying to goad Miami into anything (smart).  He carefully chooses his words and keeps the process moving.  I'm glad he didn't use the press conference as an opportunity to start whining about a regular series with Miami aka O'Liar and the Knights' fascination with us.  The papers are not going to sensationalize his professional sounding comments, whereas roundboy's provocations become fishwrap rantings...that ultimately do not help his case.