• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBSSPORTSLINE on CRM

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

"So while I can, for example, empathize with Robert McCullum's situation at South Florida -- it's never a good sign when you're in the same league with Connecticut while simultaneously begging for walk-ons on the school's official website -- I'm not willing to expand the NCAA Tournament just so one day he can maybe make the Field of 128 and keep his job. I just hope he's invested well."

I guess the National media thinks he's a joke as well. I actually think the only people in the world that think he's a Big East calibur coach are the people on this board.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

"So while I can, for example, empathize with Robert McCullum's situation at South Florida -- it's never a good sign when you're in the same league with Connecticut while simultaneously begging for walk-ons on the school's official website -- I'm not willing to expand the NCAA Tournament just so one day he can maybe make the Field of 128 and keep his job. I just hope he's invested well."

Link? Just curious as to what national sportswriter is as clueless as some of you when it comes to walk-on tryouts at major colleges .....

I guess the National media thinks he's a joke as well. I actually think the only people in the world that think he's a Big East calibur coach are the people on this board.

So now one clueless dumbass is being classified as the National Media. Wait, I need to add that whiner from Sarasota, so you have two clueless dumbasses being classified as the National Media.... You guys are funny.

its in bretts blog

You are right though about this writer because we aren't even close to the top 128. So we still woulnd't make the tourney. Maybe we are top 300. I'm sure the Big East is happy about our wonderful basketball program. Thank God for football otherwise we may have gotten the boot from the Big east.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I'm just glad that you guys are around to predetermine our season's outcome several months before it actually begins.  I mean, come on, who really wants to wait until the actual season plays out to see what happens?

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

FLSports you are right that everyone knows we will not compete except for the few on this board.  We are in a sad state and it is very apparant to predict what will happen this season, so we really do not have to wait for the actual season to start.  

This is real life not a movie, so no huge turnaround like in Major League or Bad News Bears will happen.  We will not surprise anyone, once again.  

Trip, the media doesnt say anything about Mac because there is nothing to report.  Ask Jay Bilas what he thinks of Mac, he might not know who he is.  But if he does he will not say he is a good coach, thats for sure.  Its only a couple of guys in the media because the big dogs arent writing about USF basketball.  

Though to Mac's credit, Dickie V did say he has the most difficult job in the country.  But my reaction to that is  let s put someone with adequate recruiting anc coaching abilities to man the position.    

Its not like any of us like the fact we are going to suck. We just aren't in lala land.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874

People are in lala land because they want to see what happens on the court before dismissing the entire season and program?  Wow, your definition is different than the rational one.

Give it a rest guys, you keep on beating a dead horse about a season where the schedule hasn't even been released yet.  That doesn't make you fans, it makes you ignorant.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

its in bretts blog

Brett's current blog doesn't say a thing about CBSSPORTSLINE.COM. Did you misunderstand the question?

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913

i had something on sportsline on my blog yesterday. the note was from gary parrish, who is sportsline's new national college basketball writer ...

greg

http://www.sptimes.com/blogs/usf