• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

bonds is redefining the art of hitting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

unless the water is laced with testosterone ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, Ephedra is now illegal... creatine is not.  Creatine does not increase body size... in increases your muscles ability to work out harder for a period of time, so really, you worked out harder than you could have, thus, along with the protien, were able to gain wait.  I too did the same thing, not 30 lbs, but about 20.  Creatine isn't responsible for building the muscles, unlike steroids which are testosterone based.

And your head doesn't get bigger does it Velcro??

I was watching the Baroid laast night and his freaking head filled my BIG SCREEN TV...IT WAS HUGE!!!  Scared my dog it was so big

Its so big it can eclipse the sun from 1/4 mile away  <---- yes, hyperbole

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

Sorry no it doesnt add up. Adding muscle makes you both faster and slower ??? Either adding muscle allows you to accelerate faster (both upper or lower body parts) or slows you down because of size and bulk (once again both upper and lower body parts). It does not make you faster in accelerating one muscle group while slowing you down in another muscle group. Sorry try again. You make the comparison with boxers punching harder, yet homeruns are generated by bat speed. Swinging harder is not the same as swinging faster.

But he had only a few select seasons where he could put the two together

20-20 Seasons:  Bonds 10 Williams Zero

30-30 Seasons:  Bonds 5 Williams Zero

40-40 Seasons:  Bonds 1 Williams Zero

There are only 4 people(Andre Dawson, Bobby Bonds, Barry Bonds and Willie Mays) in the history of baseball  that have been able to accomplish 300SB and 300HR. Bonds is not only the only member of the 400-400 club but now resides at 500-500 Only person in the history of the game Bonds is one of only 3(ARod, Canseco and Bonds) to accomplish 40HR-40SB in one season.

Bonds had more MVPs. Bonds is better on defense. Bonds is a better power hitter. Bonds is (by a large margin) a better speed threat.

No I think my arguement is pretty rock solid.  ;D

Just admit ya'll are Bonds haters and move on.

And you are bonds' lover, so lets move on ;)

us moving on won't change the fact that Bond's accomplishments will be forever blemished in the eyes of millions of people.  It is a big issue, regardless.

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

I never said I hated Bonds.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

1-3 2 bbs

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Sorry no it doesnt add up. Adding muscle makes you both faster and slower ??? Either adding muscle allows you to accelerate faster (both upper or lower body parts) or slows you down because of size and bulk (once again both upper and lower body parts). It does not make you faster in accelerating one muscle group while slowing you down in another muscle group. Sorry try again. You make the comparison with boxers punching harder, yet homeruns are generated by bat speed. Swinging harder is not the same as swinging faster.

20-20 Seasons:  Bonds 10 Williams Zero

30-30 Seasons:  Bonds 5 Williams Zero

40-40 Seasons:  Bonds 1 Williams Zero

There are only 4 people(Andre Dawson, Bobby Bonds, Barry Bonds and Willie Mays) in the history of baseball  that have been able to accomplish 300SB and 300HR. Bonds is not only the only member of the 400-400 club but now resides at 500-500 Only person in the history of the game Bonds is one of only 3(ARod, Canseco and Bonds) to accomplish 40HR-40SB in one season.

Bonds had more MVPs. Bonds is better on defense. Bonds is a better power hitter. Bonds is (by a large margin) a better speed threat.

No I think my arguement is pretty rock solid.  ;D

Just admit ya'll are Bonds haters and move on.

Bullshiznits

You say that adding muscle(weight) will not make you run slower? Or are you saying it will make you run slower but will also make you swing less? I find it very strange that you can stand by that arguement.  You can talk all you want about SB's but Ted scored more runs. SB's dont win ball games, scoring more runs then the opposition does.  You are a Bonds mark flat out. It makes no difference to you if he was shooting up in the dugout during warmups does it?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Ted Williams Triple crowns 1942, 1947,  Neither year did he win MVP. Ted Williams was the last hitter to hit .400, he did not win MVP then either. With those three seasons he would have won 5 mvp.  I dont think you can argue that a guy would win a triple crown and not win MVP now? Or if a guy bats .400 he wouldnt win?  Barry Bonds Triple Crowns ZERO.

Ted Williams Batting titles 6, 2nd in average 4.

Bonds batting titles 1, 2nd in avg 0

Williams OBP titles 12 out of 13 yaers he qualified

Bonds OBP titles 7

Williams slugging pct titles 9

bonds slugging titles 6

Williams runs titles 6

Bonds runs titles 1

Williams top ten in hits 10

Bonds top ten in hits 1

Williams total bases titles 6

Bonds TB titles 1

Williams HR titles 4

Bonds HR titles 2

Williams rbi title 4

Bonds rbi titles 2

Williams BB titles 8

Bonds BB titles 9

Williams Years with 130+ runs 6

Bonds years with 130+ runs 0

Williams years with  120+ rbi 7

Bonds years with  120+ rbi 3

Williams years batting .330+ 11

Bonds years batting .330+  3

Williams years batting below .300   1

Bonds years batting below .300   8

Ted Williams had a season high of 4 sb.  Bonds blows him out of the water without question. Runs win games and Teddy scored more runs per game.

More muscle means you can swing harder and faster, but also means you weigh a ton more... it is obvious that if you weigh a ton more, it'll be tougher to be fast.  You don't see muscle bound sprinters in the olympics, but you do see muscle bound shotputters.  Hitting is a combination of technique (which bonds has and is great at) and muscle.  Argue it all you want BS, but claiming there is no link between steroids and homeruns is very naive.