• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

bonds is redefining the art of hitting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

And no my opinion will not change. I still have yet to read, see or hear any type of scientific proof that steriods help you hit a baseball.

Steroids don't help you hit a baseball.  You have to have the hand-eye coordination already.  But, if you've put on 40 lbs of muscle thanks to Roids, you have increased bat speed which turns those 370 ft fly outs to left into 400 ft bombs into the seats.  It's not rocket science.

By the way, added muscle also slows you down.  Isn't it ironic then that Barry's homer totals started skyrocketing from 2000-2003 (49, 73, 46, 45) while his Stolen Base totals are about a quarter of what they were when he wasn't juicing (11, 13, 9, 7 for the same years, respectively, down from a high of 52.  

It's ironic that he's gotten "better" with power and yet slower, isn't it?  Couldn't be related to all that roid weight he put on, could it?

Williams is better.  Plus, he didn't cheat.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

only beanheads think williams is better

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

0-2 .478 with 2 walks

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

only beanheads think williams is better

Only left coasters think Bonds is the best!

Guest bullshiznitzII
But, if you've put on 40 lbs of muscle thanks to Roids, you have increased bat speed
By the way, added muscle also slows you down

Wait, let me get this straight. Roids make you faster when it comes to swinging a bat but slower when it comes to running. I like how you try to spin that to suit your arguement.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

Wait, let me get this straight. Roids make you faster when it comes to swinging a bat but slower when it comes to running. I like how you try to spin that to suit your arguement.

Does that not make sense to you Bull? The added weight and bulk slows him on bases but the added muscle lets him swing a bat faster.  Makes perfect sense to me.  If a boxer puts on a ton of weight and musle it will slow him down in the ring from his smaller size but he will hit a lot harder.  Is that spin also?

By the way, as far as your fielding argument goes... Williams committed 27 more errors than Bonds in his career, which spanned 19 seasons.  That's less than 2 errors a year.

Hardly a drastic total to warrant him being considered THAT much better of a fielder, or Williams that much worse.

Bonds HAD more speed when he was younger and HAS more power now that he's roided up.  But he had only a few select seasons where he could put the two together, and even then his all around hitting didn't compare to Williams.

Try again.  

Does that not make sense to you Bull? The added weight and bulk slows him on bases but the added muscle lets him swing a bat faster.  Makes perfect sense to me.  If a boxer puts on a ton of weight and musle it will slow him down in the ring from his smaller size but he will hit a lot harder.  Is that spin also?

I thought it was self explanatory, myself...

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It is self explanitory, but when the arguement breaks down, you gotta try and find something wrong with the symantecs of the statement to invalidate it  ;) ;) ;)

You can lead a Bonds-lover to water, but you can't make him drink...  ;D