• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls will surprise

Guest t.willy

Guest t.willy

per Pete Fiutak, of college football news  says

3. South Florida

All Big East talk is about West Virginia and Louisville, but the Bulls have the league's best linebacking corps, an explosive receiving corps, and just enough overall talent, along with a light schedule over the first ten games, to potentially be 8-2 before going on the road to face the Cardinals and Mountaineers.

Love it when he mentions the flordee gutters to be an disappointment, they're dissapointing no matter how they play, win or lose..

[ftp]http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/TQ/Tuesday_Question.htm[/ftp]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting read.  Time will tell.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I don't really pay any attention to the preseaon predictions.  They rarely are accurate, there are too many of them and none of them are consistent, and they really only measure one person's individual opinion.  Actual wins and losses are the only metric that matters to me.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

I don't really pay any attention to the preseaon predictions.  They rarely are accurate, there are too many of them and none of them are consistent, and they really only measure one person's individual opinion.  Actual wins and losses are the only metric that matters to me.

AMEN!

Preach it brother!!!!!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

per Pete Fiutak, of college football news  says

3. South Florida

All Big East talk is about West Virginia and Louisville, but the Bulls have the league's best linebacking corps, an explosive receiving corps, and just enough overall talent, along with a light schedule over the first ten games, to potentially be 8-2 before going on the road to face the Cardinals and Mountaineers.

Love it when he mentions the flordee gutters to be an disappointment, they're dissapointing no matter how they play, win or lose..

[ftp]http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/TQ/Tuesday_Question.htm[/ftp]

Although it is refreshing to finally read a pre-season prediction that sounds like the prognosticator actually knows a bit about us.  

I actually believe he's fairly accurate and agree with his position.  We've got 4 LB's, maybe 5 by the fall, that could play anywhere in the country, we're deep at DL, and our DB's are big, fast, and experienced.  That offense shows any measure of consistency, and improvement over last year and this team could be 7-3 heading to UL in November.

I think our receiving corp may finally have that perfect blend of talent and experience that we've been lacking the past few years.  To me it's possibly the x-factor of the season this year.  I like our RB's, but no workhorse Andre Hall, but if the passing game can improve a bit more and become a threat then the overall offense will be better.  The worst case is PJ starts but I believe with the experience, and having Amp Hill around we'll see substantially less drops which should improve the consistency of the offense and QB position.  That will bring the entire offense up.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

My favorite one is Phil Steele's....very deep assessments and according to him...the most accurate prognosticator.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I can smell it...   12-0

Or did somebody fart?  :o

No smelling that stuff in front of Bubbles and the baby!!!!!!!  The farts I know for a fact that she is used to them. :o :o