• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SoJo to workout for Jazz...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

mastsm.gif

Center reportedly gets call back

By Tim Buckley

Deseret Morning News

Add Bradley center Patrick O'Bryant to the list of big men reportedly scheduled for a second workout with the Jazz.

According to ESPN.com's Chad Ford, O'Bryant will join 7-foot Senegalese center Mouhamed Saer Sene and Ukrainian big man Olexsiy Pecherov on Saturday in Utah.

DraftExpress.com previously reported that Sene would make a repeat trip to Utah, though that Web site said the workout was Sunday.

The Jazz have sessions planned both days, but have not announced who will work out when.

Sene and O'Bryant both are possible picks for the Jazz in next Wednesday's draft — if, that is, they can't land the shooting guard they really want.

"The Jazz," Ford blogged Wednesday, "are crossing their fingers that (Villanova's Randy) Foye will be there when they pick at No. 14. However, if he and (Arkansas') Ronnie Brewer are off the board when they select, they might decide to go big."

The Jazz worked out three draft prospects Wednesday: Michigan State shooting guard Shannon Brown, a likely first-round pick who showed what Jazz basketball boss Kevin O'Connor called "adequate" shooting but decidedly impressive athleticism and competitiveness; swingman Marcellus Sommerville, who played for ex-Jazz guard Jim Les at Bradley; and Temple forward Antywane Robinson.

Three more are scheduled to be in town today: Florida State power forward Alexander Johnson, a projected first-round pick; South Florida big man Solomon Jones; and University of Denver center Yemi Nicholson.

North Carolina State big man Cedric Simmons, meanwhile, reportedly canceled a workout with the Jazz on Wednesday. According to ESPN's Ford, "a source inside the Jazz (said) one of Simmons' agents told the team he was confident Simmons would be off the board before the Jazz drafted at No. 14."

Link

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

oh gosh no, please don't play for the Jazz.   I read recently that Salt Lake is the wost city to play in, voted on by NBA players.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

oh gosh no, please don't play for the Jazz.   I read recently that Salt Lake is the wost city to play in, voted on by NBA players.

Better there than NY ....

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

Better there than NY ....

I dont understand you guys...personally I want him drafted and to do well...dont mind where

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

I dont understand you guys...personally I want him drafted and to do well...dont mind where

I didn't say he shouldn't go to NY if drafted but I just hope he gets drafted somewhere else. The current Knicks are the Culverhouse Bucs ...

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Oh no!  There's radical polygemist Mormons in Utah not to mention an actual lake filled w/salty water.  Run SoJo Run.