• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Around The Horns - Golf Tournament

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Just wanted to let everyone know how much fun it was to participate in the 2nd Annual ATH golf event. There are still 3 more left throughout the state and if you can make one of them I highly encourage it. This event was much better then last years and Eric has proven he is willing to learn from past events and make each event better.

Hopefully more posters in this forum can participate in the future. Every time I have been around the coaches, I have garnered more respect for them as people outside of the coaching world. They all have great personalities and make the outing a great way to get to know them.

The event is not cheap and that might stop some people from participating however I can not imagine that other BCS schools make their entire Athletic Dept available for less then the $700 it cost for a 4 some. I suggest a lower level sponsorship deal and that way the golf is included. Anyway, if some of the posters in this forum were able to participate I would like to read your ideas on how the event went.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132

Yes, the first one was at Tampa Palms today.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

It looks like a nice event, I am going to try to get some friends together for the Lakeland scramble.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Bullish:

Thanks for your comments.  We worked hard to make the event better this year and will hopefully continue to add to it each year.  Remember, even if you don't golf you can come to the dinner portion of any event.  We make the  dinner feel like a separate event.

I hope to have some photos from the event up in the next day or two so take a look at them.  The Polk event is a little less expensive to than the others.  Only $500 a foursome.

Thanks again Bullish and everyone else who attended yesterday.  We're in Atlanta on Monday and Longboat Key next Friday so see you there.

Eric

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

AdMonitor.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&MONITOR_AD_ID=9781

Is the Bellaire event still a go? I got a foursome and will be locking it down soon if so.

The Belleair event is a go.  It is very generously being supported by a handful of corporate sponsors including:  Hooters, Connelly Solutions, Bonefish Grill, MI Homes, and Colliers Arnold.

There is no chance of this event not happening this year.  We are looking forward to it.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

What about the Polk event? Will the lower price mean the event will be lacking? Should I consider another event?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

The Lakeland event needs golfers, if I have anything to say about the event, it should be a good one.

Puc:

The lower price basically means we got a really good deal from Lone Palm (thanks to them and Publix).  It is happening and is a good event.  Of all the areas we go to Lakeland is probably the toughest as it is so Gator oriented.  This event is crucial in converting them.

It will happen.  I can tell you the coaches attending that event are Leavitt, McCullum, Lessinger, Holt, Fee, Fleck, Kiefer.  Our Athletic Director Doug Woolard will be there as well.  We are adding teams every day but until it is sold out we will always need more.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Eric