• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Prado, Shouppe Possible Candidates for USF Job

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

Tampa would probably handle USF right now.  As I'm typing, they're in the process of moving on to the DII Title game.  This UT team is absolutely stacked at both the plate and on the mound.  Urso would be an excellent choice, but he's not leaving UT anytime soon...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Joe he has he ever managed. Different ballgame than just being a coach.

With all the greatness at FSU you speak of they have 0 national titles. Urso mangaed with the Angels before that with success. Recruiting is recruiting, you have more money in DI, and the overall game is different ?????????????? Its baseball. I can not quite figure out that one. Are there different rules in DII that I do not know about? Are the bases shorter or the pitchers mound ?

jg,

I'm not doubting Urso at all. However, there is a major difference when it comes to recruiting at D-I and D-II level baseball. Urso has one other school pulling players that would realistically go to UT in Florida Southern. However the state of Florida as a whole is a different ball game.

You have the Big 3, Stetson, us, UCF, Jacksonville, BCC, FIU, FAU and North Florida. Thats a lot more competition for 17 1/2 scholarships...The recruiting rules of D-I baseball are COMPLETELY different. There are two completely separate books, they can be found at www.ncaa.org

My feeling is that Urso would be better off starting at a smaller school (i.e. - an A-Sun School) and learning D-I baseball then jumping to a bigger school.

Look at the USF fans, we wanna fire a coordinator after ONE season at the helm. SOME wanna can a basketball coach because he has had some tough injuries. We wanted the baseball coach out because he couldn't recruit the players to get us to the NCAA Regionals for a few seasons.

I just think a guy who has proven to be a top recruiter and has shown the ability to produce major league arms. FSU might nto have a national title, but they do have 13 top 10 finishes in 15 years and have been the to the NCAA's for about 25 straight seasons...Not bad in my book...

If they hired Urso I wouldn't be disappointed, I just think Shouppe is a better candidate.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Joe Urso