• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

YOu guys on this board who support Mac are a disservice to your University.  This guy has single handily destroyed our basketball program.  I think about 10 guys have left the program in the last 3 years.  When is this administration going to wake up!????

We have not gone a single year without atleast 2-3 guys bailing on this moron.

The guy is a jerk.  Talk to people inside the program.  Look at the transfereing of players.

"THIS DOG DON'T HUNT, PULL THIS TURKEY"

I have lost so much respect for woolard.  

The true measure of a leader is how he handles the tough situations.  Will he make the tough hard moves, or will he let time and influence effect his decisions.

Jebus you really are a moron. Of course I'm going to support RMC, he REPRESENTS THE UNIVERSITY. Who knows if he is a jerk, doens't get along with his players or coaches. He still is employed by the university and wears the green and gold.

People who don't support the coach while still employed often end up looking stupid. Look at the Zook situation at UF, the Mike Davis situation at IU, and the Walt Harris situation at Pitt.

All it does is make the fans look like fickle crybabies.

It's ok to have your differences and not agree with whats going on or voice them. But you should NEVER NEVER not support someone who is representing the university in an athletic department.

Do I agree with everything RMC is doing, no. However, I said I'd give him one more season to try and turn things around. If it looks grim next Jan/Feb, I might voice my displeasure. However I'll always support whoever is coaching and running the athletic offices.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Way to keep the players around CRM. Why do all of our players dislike this great man?

Who says Dennis disliked him? We brought in a few younger, bigger and more highly touted players who were going to take playing time from Dennis. Obviously, he saw the writing on the wall.

It's absolutely amazing how you clowns immediately point fingers at the coach for this.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Everyone was blasting Huggins graduation rate. This isn't about Huggins, but next year will be Mac's fourth year. It should be his first graduating class for his recruits. Scarily, the kid he recruited that is closest to graduating within a four year program ......is.........incredibly..... four years away....Chris Howard. That means he will have been here for 8 years before he graduates his first player to go through all 4 years. That's the longest rebuilding of a program on any level I have ever heard of from any standpoint. Record, graduation rate, declining attendance. Someone, please, please, please tell me how we are better off from any viewpoint or any criteria.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Record, graduation rate, declining attendance. Someone, please, please, please tell me how we are better off from any viewpoint or any criteria.

He's graduated the players that were scheduled to graduate. Attendance was up last season. Record will be better this season since we'll have more than 6-7 guys playing, barring injuries, which we all know about.

Winning will cure all and when that begins this season we won't hear much from those who are so marrow minded.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

From the Times article that I can't find a link to:

"He averaged 4.4 points and hit 25 percent of his shots, with walk-on Chris Capko finishing the season as a starter ahead of him".

Shouldn't be too hard to replace THAT production ..... with someone that actually wants to be here.

As usual, it's the glass half full guys as opposed to the glass half empty whiners ...

He's graduated the players that were scheduled to graduate. Attendance was up last season. Record will be better this season since we'll have more than 6-7 guys playing, barring injuries, which we all know about.

Winning will cure all and when that begins this season we won't hear much from those who are so marrow minded.

In all fairness, you need to check out Greg's blog about the graduation rate. THAT's where a problem could arise ........ although not sure it would matter that much anyway. We always seem to have plenty of schollies left over as it is.   8)

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Attendance was up from the second lowest attendance record since the Sun Dome opened.  It's still down almost 50% from 4 or 5 years ago.

To assume there is not going to be any injuries is a phenomenal leap of faith.  At the BE level and the pounding the kids take there will be injuries.  Hopefully not serious.  Every team has them.

Until Verdejo and Gransberry are eligible the team consists of:

Buckley, Richardson, Mattis and Capko and then 4 guys that have not step foot on an NCAA BB court yet.

I highly doubt that an additional 3 or 4 in conference wins is going to be bringing many more fans to the Sun Dome.  Especially in consideration of the fact that the newness of the BE is over.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Narrow minded?

sure buddy.

Maybe we just want to have a basketball program is half decent.  I have been associated with this school for over 12 years and we haven't even sniffed the tourny.

Yet we turn a guy down who went to like 14 straight and coached his team to a final four.

It's amazing how lost people can be.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

This does suck, but at least his position (SG) is one we aren't lacking depth on.  Anyone leaving hurts, especially this late in the recruiting period, but If Gransberry had left, it would have been that much worse.  

The true measure of a leader is how he handles the tough situations.

And thankfully we have someone like Woolard, who actually knows a thing or two about college hoops,  rather than someone like one of you myopic whiners ....