• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TBO: USF, UM Finalize Series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

^^^ I agree with Bubbles, the fans were not nice. They constantly gave me crap about South Florida not being in the real South Florida.

As for everything elese, I am not complaining, I am making a point that we need to get some tougher opponents on the schedule. If your satisfied with 9-3; 8-4 seasons playing no one than go be a Memphis fan.

I just think that we need to get our name out there. As nice as the Louisville win was imagine a win over a Miami, Florida, or Auburn. Kansas and UNC are BCS programs but they've been to a combined 4 bowl games since 2000.

I'd like to see a lil rock on the schedule that is all. 12 games and 2 top 25 caliber teams is not gonna make a point to any one.

You're still talking out of your you know what....'playing no one', says who?  Last year we played four teams that were ranked in the top 10, and had the 7th toughest schedule in the nation.  Why would you even suggest otherwise?  Over the next few years we've got Auburn scheduled, Miami, UF, UNC, and Kansas- and another strong 1 and 1 will be added this year.  Who's that ducking?  How is that Memphis?   What in the world are you talking about?  Does Memphis have WVU, Pitt, and UL in their conference?

Our scheduling is fine...2007 will have home games against WVU, UNC, Kansas, UL, and Cinci to name a few.  Sorry if I like that schedule....

Again, we've got Auburn, Miami, and UF on our schedule coming up champ....is that enough rock for your jock.

By the way, UNC beat Miami in 2005....not such a bad program in my book.  Also, UL's got Miami at home this year.  Another shot for them to knock out a heavy weight.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

'>http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/miamiFL_future.htm

There is no return date, the Miami/Houston series was 1 for 1.

Bein, I understand what your saying

However, we do NOT have the power to bring in top ranked teams on a 1 and 1 basis.  Miami, will travel because they make squat from home games against teams like us. That stadium was barely 1/2 full when we played them last year. Their payout from comming to RJS is probably comparable.

However teams like Oklahoma, Alabama, FSU, Florida, any other top 25 team will not sign a 1 and 1 with us because

a) They make too much from their home games

B) They require too much money to bring in to play us at home

Your qualifyiong BE wins from a few seasons ago to try and show we have muscle. I just feel that if we want to make a name for ourselves we need to beat a big boy, you can't beat them without scheduling them.

We just did bring a powerhouse into RayJay- Miami.  AND WE DO HAVE THE POWER there is another powerhouse discussing similar arrangements with us.

Leave it alone, because you are just speculating and for the most part are completely off base on your assertions.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bein

The same Pitt team that didn't beat a winning team last season?

UNC not such a bad program...they've had ONE winning season in the last 5 years. Great they beat Miami, they also got smoked by Utah that season and got SMACKED by Louisville last year. UNC has not been a good program since MAck Brown left.

Kansas is in the same boat, those are bottom of their BCS league teams. Both schools list football 2nd -3rd on their importance for sports.

We've got Auburn, Florida and Miami that 4 games out of 20 OOC games over the next 5 seasons.

I did address the fact that we did play a hard schedule last year, however, you cannot look at me with a straight face and say the same this year.

I am not asserting crap, I know for a FACT that Miami doesn't make anything off home games against smaller opponents, thats why they took the 250,000 from LA Tech to play at LA Tech. They are one of the few powerhouses (Check their schedule history) that will travel to play "lessor" opponents on the road.

They've signed to play at Marshall and UCF. Be it not a 1 and 1, you won't ever see another of the Big 20 programs in the country playing at those places teh way Miami does. (Texas signed to play at UCF, they also go t A LOT of money to do it)

You're ignoring my point...and it's been proven over and over...to be a big BOY you have to BEAT a Big Boy. You cannot soften a schedule so it makes you look good. The BCS, Bowl Game Committees, and Polls have punished for this in the past (Kansas State, Texas Tech) and they will not hesitate to do so again.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

That stadium was barely 1/2 full when we played them last year. Their payout from comming to RJS is probably comparable.

Wait a second, that stadium was packed that night...I talked to a friend of mine that goes to UM and he said that they never have crowds that big unless its UF or FSU, but he said a lot more people come to their night games than their typical day games...

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

i was there the lower bowl was packed and at least half of the upper

and I too have heard that they dont sell out unless UF or FSU is there

They have never done well attendance wise, half fullwas fugurative sorry, I should have said teh stadium wasn't filled.

Usually outside the Va. Tech, Florida State, and Florida games they don't do so hot. However, for bigger opponents in 2008-2012 they are talking of moving games to Dolphins Stadium so they can update the upper deck, which supossibly has some safety issues.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

According to their site these are the figures for last years UM attendance

1. USF 58,308

2. Georgia Tech 53,764

3.Colorado 51,228

4.Duke 40,315

5. Virginia 37,629

6. North Carolina 30,618

and in case anybody forgot that big rain deluge right before our game started certaintly didnt help attendance

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

Wow CB.  Those numbers tell the story.  I bet USF has more than 30K when UNC comes in next year.

Thus the reason Miami is so willing to play road games that other major BCS teams wouldn't...

However, if what Bein says is true, that we are working a 1 and 1 with another major D-I then we wouldn't have needed to have this argument. If we're able to get a 1 and 1 with a school like Oklahoma, Florida, or Ohio State; I'll be estatic.