• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TBO: USF, UM Finalize Series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566
  • Days Won:  0

where are the woolard critics now?

Thats what Im saying, everyone has been bashing this guy when he has done nothing but good for this school...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

those are the same guys that call for CJL's head after every game

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Some people complain just to complain.. it makes em feel good  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Thats what Im saying, everyone has been bashing this guy when he has done nothing but good for this school...

I have been critical of some people at USF. Wollard was never one of them. I feel that Doug has done an outstanding job. It takes a while to get to the top. Be patient Wollard will get us there.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

83 are you more of a fins fan or a bulls fan? I figure a bulls fan so change that **** sig...  ;)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

Are you being serious Bubbles? That was one of the best roadtrips we had IMO. I guess it was dependant upon where you tailgated... I had a great time with the exception of the fial score.

Yes I'm serious!  We had a fabulous time with the BullBackers and Bullwark at the hotel, tailgate, the day before the game, etc.  Walking to the game, inside the stadium, walking back to our bus was horrible!!!!  The Miami jerks were AWFUL!!!  I've never been to an away game where we were screamed at, cursed at, and actually afraid!!!!  Ask WoolBully about it! Otherwise, all of the other time surrounding that trip was a blast!

However, don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful thing for the USF football program.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Last time UM was here in Tampa in 1983-84 where they (JimmyJohnson and B.Kosar) beat UF  correct?

i dont think this is accurate

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Bein

Don't accuse me of talking out of my rear...

08-28-2003: Miami 48 Louisiana Tech 9 - Shreveport, LA

09-18-2004: Miami 48 Louisiana Tech 0 - Miami, FL

That looks back to back on consecutive years to me...

The Temple game did not have to be played they added them before last season, there was not buy out games with the Big East and ACC...It was added because they lost FSU as an OOC opponent and needed someone to pick up.

Houston deal was signed in 1998, by Butch Davis who was friends with Kim Helton the coach at Hosuston at the time.

As for the Bowden Attitude, Bein I didn't say take FSU ROUTE...I said LOOK AT FRESNO STATE. I know it was a different era, thats why I didn't use FSU as an example...I used Fresno State, a program that 10 years ago was looked at as possibly being Demoted to I-AA.

My point was there is ONE top ten team and one fringe top 20 team in out conference. Louisville has beaten ONE team worth a **** since 2000 and it was the worst FSU team ever to step on the field in the Bowden Era. We NEED to make a name for ourselves, I am NOT saying play 3 road games at PSU, etc. But with 5 OOC games available who not start playing some big boys to get out name out there, those matchups last season were all set when we were I-AA/New I-A and willing to drop our pants to play a team like that. We have 4 games against nationally respected opponents over the next 6 seasons scheduled at this point. We also have FAU/FIU scheduled a few times. It's great that WE ARE BCS, but if your thinking other teams look at us as a BCS team at this point your mistaken.

My point is keep bringing the big boys, it will lead to better things for our program.

Again, talking out of your rear....consecutive series is what I said, series, champ, series....some people need repeating.  not a consecutive years. The Miami deal is a 2 for 1 with Houston, I believe they visit them in 2009...not the same.

Your reasoning is a shotgun approach, what's new you are on the outside looking in.

The scheduling is sound, a long methodical approach to get the right teams, and THE RIGHT Schedule.

I don't agree with your opinion nor does the Administration.  USF has clearly proven they're willing to travel anywhere, and play anyone, however NOW IT MUST BE ON OUR TERMS.  If you don't get the reasoning with that then you'll never understand.  We're BCS, let them come here and there's a better chance for that victory then go become opening season fodder for a bunch of BCS heavy weights- some programs like Fresno State have no other choice but to do that.   The Big East has won big games, WVU versus UGA, WVU beat Vtech a few years ago, Pitt beat ND a year ago.  Now you want to qualify those wins- i.e. the worst Bowden...that horse crap, those games are scheduled long before the season was determined.

There is no ducking from the Big East, there is no ducking from USF.  This is a huge step for Miami to book USF for consecutive home and home series on consecutive years.  There is a huge commitment on their part, they don't do that for anyone other than FSU and UF.  This is big, and there is no skepticism necessary.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

^^^ I agree with Bubbles, the fans were not nice. They constantly gave me crap about South Florida not being in the real South Florida.

As for everything elese, I am not complaining, I am making a point that we need to get some tougher opponents on the schedule. If your satisfied with 9-3; 8-4 seasons playing no one than go be a Memphis fan.

I just think that we need to get our name out there. As nice as the Louisville win was imagine a win over a Miami, Florida, or Auburn. Kansas and UNC are BCS programs but they've been to a combined 4 bowl games since 2000.

I'd like to see a lil rock on the schedule that is all. 12 games and 2 top 25 caliber teams is not gonna make a point to any one.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

'>http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/miamiFL_future.htm

There is no return date, the Miami/Houston series was 1 for 1.

Bein, I understand what your saying

However, we do NOT have the power to bring in top ranked teams on a 1 and 1 basis.  Miami, will travel because they make squat from home games against teams like us. That stadium was barely 1/2 full when we played them last year. Their payout from comming to RJS is probably comparable.

However teams like Oklahoma, Alabama, FSU, Florida, any other top 25 team will not sign a 1 and 1 with us because

a) They make too much from their home games

B) They require too much money to bring in to play us at home

Your qualifyiong BE wins from a few seasons ago to try and show we have muscle. I just feel that if we want to make a name for ourselves we need to beat a big boy, you can't beat them without scheduling them.