• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Weight Training Facility

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614
  • Days Won:  0

Here are a couple that might fit the current budget.

photoframesplus_1891_35051274

$180.00

photoframesplus_1891_34981289

$130. 00

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

So in your opinion one cannot be a Bull's fan without wearing Bull goggles.

No, but to be as sarcastic, negative and insulting as you are about USF leads me to believe you are just here having fun and could not give a **** about USF.  Your first dozen posts proved that.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Click on the link below, then click on "Virtual Tour" (upper left)

then click on "Driscol Weight Room" and also look at  "Sports Medicine Center".

http://www.saintx.com/#

ha ha ha....now I get the picture you're just another chuckle head with an agenda.  You clearly have never been in our lockerroom if you think that one is in anyway comparable.   It might have the similar SF, but that's where the similiarities end.

As for Leavitt contributing, well guess what turkey he has contributed nominal amounts like that, which I shouldn't even mention on this board, however he doesn't go around bragging about it.  He has put a vested interest into the program, but of course the concern is he'll have to hear from chuckle heads like you who would swear it's never enough.

As for the iron bull at the front of the athletic facility they want it because it projects an imagine of power and prestige.  What about FSU's life sized statue of Bobby Bowden?  Frivolous, or money well spent?  The iron bull is a wish list, if Leavitt was qued on his immediate needs he'd undoubtedly tell you a dining and nutrition annex onto the Athletic Facility, and immediately move the practice fields next to the Athletic Facility (where the intra-murals are at).  Those are considered necessities and would go to benefit more than just football.  Maybe Leavitt is a dreamer, but he's also a very practical dreamer, he's not forcing the University to do unreasonable stuff, he's not demanding facilities before the funds are available.  He simply has a wish list, like any good 1-A BCS coach has....sadly his wish list is mainly the basics while guys like Mack Brown get to wish for more Filet's for meals instead of hamburgers, and chicken.  I am sorry the facts disappoint you and make you talk down or bad-mouth our coach.

I don't care if you're a fan or not but spreading ignorant statements or incorrect factoids is sad.  

By insinuating factoids that aren't necessarily true....

Suggesting the St. Xaviers weightroom is comparable and that USF's is in someway inferior by 1-A BCS standards.

IF YOU KNEW, many have been praising USF's athletic facility much more the weight training areas as some of the best in the nation.  Sure some schools have bigger ones, but some schools also have twice as many athletic programs, i.e. twice as many athletes that require use.   USF has another weightroom inside the SunDome which is slated to be renovated in future phases of SunDome renovation.

Suggesting that Leavitt has his head in the clouds or in some way hasn't contributed to USF or it's financial needs.

Leavitt has contributed in sweat and financial equity.  It's not wide spread and meant to be kept that way.  Leavitt's loyalty to USF and this community shouldn't be put to task.  Unlike some other coaches that have been hired recently and local schools, Leavitt hasn't laid out a list of demands and forced the University to build or threaten to leave.  That type of commitment should be rewarded.  Leavitt has a 'wish list' like every coach in the nation, but CLEARLY from looking at his past Leavitt has never held USF hostage, or put unreasonable demadns on the University or it's Athletic Department.  Although, i do believe he finds a nutritional and dining center annex as a top priority, but that would be for all the athletes.  The reason is all the teams must go to various dining halls scattered around campus to eat.  If the athletes could congregate at one hall all the staff's could monitor their consumption better, they could make sure more nutritional and supplemental needs are met, and they could help the players with dietary practices better.  For example, after football practice the players all have to go clear across campus to eat at the only open dining facility.  One on the athletic facility means they could all get what they need directly after practice, no walking, no skipping the meal.  Then, the coaches could also make sure they all get the right amount of calories, take the right supplements to regain energy and hydration after a long practice to insure the players bounce back quicker.  All the other big schools have it.

USF wants an iron bull, and it really isn't going to cost as much as you think it will.  I'd guess under $100,000, iron is very cheap material to work with, but it would never be at the expense of another project.  It's a desire, and it would look great for both appearance sake and recruiting.  Kids walk in, they remember walking into FSU's and seeing that giant Bobby Bowden statue, the giant Gator at UF, the giant rock Bulldog at UGA....they see a giant life size Iron Bull and suddenly it projects equality.   Trust me recruits notice, recruiting is as much measuring penis sizes as it is student athletes finding the schools they like the most.

If you're going to make derogatory remarks then make them meaningful.  I don't agree with you about the usefulness of the iron bull, but I do agree we must take our heads out of the clouds.  

By the way, that second bull picture you had.  That would look great in a lifesize version. ;D

As for Leavitt contributing, well guess what turkey he has contributed nominal amounts like that, which I shouldn't even mention on this board, however he doesn't go around bragging about it.  He has put a vested interest into the program, but of course the concern is he'll have to hear from chuckle heads like you who would swear it's never enough.

As for the iron bull at the front of the athletic facility they want it because it projects an imagine of power and prestige.  What about FSU's life sized statue of Bobby Bowden?  Frivolous, or money well spent?  The iron bull is a wish list, if Leavitt was qued on his immediate needs he'd undoubtedly tell you a dining and nutrition annex onto the Athletic Facility, and immediately move the practice fields next to the Athletic Facility (where the intra-murals are at).  Those are considered necessities and would go to benefit more than just football.  Maybe Leavitt is a dreamer, but he's also a very practical dreamer, he's not forcing the University to do unreasonable stuff, he's not demanding facilities before the funds are available.  He simply has a wish list, like any good 1-A BCS coach has....sadly his wish list is mainly the basics while guys like Mack Brown get to wish for more Filet's for meals instead of hamburgers, and chicken.  I am sorry the facts disappoint you and make you talk down or bad-mouth our coach.

I don't care if you're a fan or not but spreading ignorant statements or incorrect factoids is sad.  

Exactly where was it that I claimed or even inferred that Jim Leavitt didn't contribute to the program?

Conference Championships, Bowl Game Wins, National Championships not statues are what project an image of power and prestige.

OK smazza, and Ari....

Sure championships do that, but to get those championships you need to get the players, and coaches necessary.  It's hard to build much of anything out of modest confines.

This was your latest post about Leavitt.

For starters Jim Leavitt could kick off the funding with a check for $25,000.

The one prior that I responded to was even more derogatory about Leavitt needing to 'contribute'.  Feel free to peruse yourself and read your post.   The insinuation was apparent, and unfair given Leavitt's contributions to USF thus far.

By insinuating factoids that aren't necessarily true....

Suggesting the St. Xaviers weightroom is comparable and that USF's is in someway inferior by 1-A BCS standards.

Do you always read things into what people say?  

If he wants it... he should pay for it....he makes more than most USF grads.

I'd hardly call reading 'into this' as someone psycho-analyzing.  You were as blatant as they come on that one.

There are some posts I agree with you on though, ND's biggest advantage over USF is not having Rod Smith running the offense.  We definitely see eye-to-eye there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Do you always read things into what people say?  

I will try to stop responding to your posts though  ::)

Read n2 that  8)