• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oh no we got the zip portfolio, magazine and shirt...thats all...

Well, I will look into this -- the only explanation I could guess is that the AA was looking to cut costs so it discontinued the plate and the pen.

I don't know if we'll have the lapel pins this year, but I will ask.  In the past, we've had them at the Get It Together Tent on graduation day (in the Corral where you register and put on your cap and gown on graduation day).  These also might have been stopped to cut costs.

For what it's worth, the Alumni Assocation has been "cut off" from funding from the university - it has to operate like a business, bring in all the revenue it needs to function.  Sometimes it means cutting costs where possible.  Most of the AA revenue comes from memberships -- so if you are not a member, please think about joining.  If you are a member, then thank you.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

All I got was a tassel when I graduated.  Times have changed.

This board has got me seeing things . . .  I thought I read:

"All I got was tasered when I graduated."

Just had to share that with the masses.

• Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,513
  • Days Won:  10

We did all that...they got rid of the pen and the license plate.  I really want like a nice sweatshirt, a good license plate, and a couple other little things.  

And thanks for the Congrats. I don't think my family would believe me if I didn't walk!!  But at  least Education is at 2 PM!

Just wanted to let you know that my wife (a UF grad) is an elementary school principal and says that USF education graduates are the best prepared of all new teacher applicants she hires.  

Her professional ranking based on performance:

1. USF

2. UF

25.  FSU  (she very unimpressed with FSU COE grads in recent years)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

Just wanted to let you know that my wife (a UF grad) is an elementary school principal and says that USF education graduates are the best prepared of all new teacher applicants she hires.  

1. USF

2. UF

USF graduates the most teachers in the state of Florida too!!!

The bookstore is really the only place I know of for Alumni stuff.  I don't remember seeing sweatshirts though.  Usually just polo shirts and t-shirts.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

1. USF

2. UF

where is she a principal and does she want a really good intermediate elementary teacher? haha!

• Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,513
  • Days Won:  10

USFBullGirl30,

I've sent you a PM with some information, some of which you probably already know about, along with her email address.

RTB