• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF students celebrating a Gators championship

Guest USF Student 1

Guest Toolio

Why would you be a fan if you did not go to the school idiot? Explan that one. I like their colors or mascot ? WHY THE HELL ARE YOU A FAN OF A UNIVERSITY YOU DID NOT ATTEND ? BECAUSE YOUR PARENTS LIKE THEM OR ATTENDED ? SO WHAT !

You know you are fighting a losing battle when you resort to personal insults and the caps lock key.

My point was simple, you don't have to go to a school to be a fan. My father was a lifelong Gator fan. Did he go to UF? No. He went into the military instead. When he came back from Viet Nam, he got married and they both went to school locally.

But he still listened to the Gators every weekend and brought me up as a Gator fan. And it was one of the proudest moments in his life when I received my acceptance letter from UF.

These are simple concepts... I'm sorry that you are struggling to understand them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Toolio

Awesome quote and very accurate.  Actually, dealing with Red Sox fans is easier.  You don't have to see or hear them nearly as often and being from a real city(not a college surrounded by mud holes), there tends to be a little more culture out of them.

I'm guessing you've never been to Gainesville. Florida Museum of Natural History? The Harn? The Hippodrome?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

You know you are fighting a losing battle when you resort to personal insults and the caps lock key.

My point was simple, you don't have to go to a school to be a fan. My father was a lifelong Gator fan. Did he go to UF? No. He went into the military instead. When he came back from Viet Nam, he got married and they both went to school locally.

But he still listened to the Gators every weekend and brought me up as a Gator fan. And it was one of the proudest moments in his life when I received my acceptance letter from UF.

These are simple concepts... I'm sorry that you are struggling to understand them.

Because the alligator is cool ? Blue and orange are nice colors? I don't get it. My whole family loves the Gators. Two sisters went there. Guess what I hate them and want USF to beat them in everything. Why ? Because its my school. WOW that is a novel idea.

You went to Florida so what is your point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

My point was simple, you don't have to go to a school to be a fan.

Very true, but an even simpler point is to go to another 1-A school and NOT be fan of it over all others is disgusting (I realize this does not pertain to you)......... and I would imagine this is a rarity outside the state of Florida.

Guest S.  Bien

Pretty straight forward if you attend a college you shouldn't cheer for another school, particularly on that campus or in the face of other students.

Should you graduate from that school you better put all your support and attention into your school because that's what is the mark of a man.  I look at loyalty, and that's what sets people apart.  If you can't even support your school regardless of it's size or relation to other schools then that's weak.  You're apt to switch on a dime, probably not decisive, and clearly not loyal.

There are ways to handle it, and clearly one can celebrate a UF win a nice beer, good adda boy, but you don't go buy shirts, party like it's 1999, or celebrate if your a student or graduate of another 1-A school.  You either need to slow down the partying a tad, or start remembering your roots.

Guest Toolio
Pretty straight forward if you attend a college you shouldn't cheer for another school, particularly on that campus or in the face of other students.

And you'd be wrong there.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

so, I can't cheer for USF now that I attend UT?  or vice-versa?

this thread is retarded

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

so, I can't cheer for USF now that I attend UT?  or vice-versa?

this thread is retarded

Indeed it is.  If this thread was law, we would have to burn all of our stuff supporting any other school.

if you attended both that would be ok. you know your right i like boise state because they have blue turf and my 5th cousin out west likes them. i hope they win something this year so i can get drunk