• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  0

For those of us who don't live anywhere near Tampa, what's the best online site for USF hats, shirts, etc?

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

For those of us who don't live anywhere near Tampa, what's the best online site for USF hats, shirts, etc?

http://www.sportsfanatticshop.com/usf.html

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

By the way Former Atlanta Bull-now Ottawa Bull, how do you like the Great White North?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bulls 1 is right

tell them that nut in LA sent you.i bought alot of stuff from sportsfanattic

By the way Former Atlanta Bull-now Ottawa Bull, how do you like the Great White North?

It's okay so far.  The weather isn't that big a deal to me since I've lived in both New England and Germany at different points in my life.  The biggest annoyance to me is the cost of living.  The difference between cost of living between here and the US (or at least Atlanta and Tampa) is much higher than that difference in salaries.  For instance, after converting to US dollars, I'm still blowing about $25-30 on each gas fill-up whereas I almost never broke $20 in the States.  Throw in the fact that most purchases have 15% sales tax, and you fly through money here like it's water.  I now understand why most people up here live so frugally.

The other thing that takes some getting used to is their national self-esteem problem.  I don't know how many times I've heard or read instances of people putting down the U.S. in order to try and point out why Canada is better.  It just gets a little ridiculous at times.  I guess when you're from the best country in the world, you don't necessarily feel the need to point out the flaws of your neighbors.

On the plus side, I've never seen such great hockey coverage, both on TV and in the papers.  As a lifelong hockey fan (and someone who despises basketball and baseball), it's nice to have it be the majority sport.

I'm also looking forward to our future games against Syracuse since it's a relatively easy 3 hour drive.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

And remember, you can also get Great BULLS Items in our own BULL Market, just click under community, above.... or

http://www.southfloridabulls.com/BullsMarket.htm

Help Support Your Site.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Throw in the fact that most purchases have 15% sales tax, and you fly through money here like it's water.

I know it doesn't help you (if you're not a citizen), but isn't that 15% sales tax in lieu of income tax?  I wish we would adopt that.  Much easier and more fair.  imho

I know it doesn't help you (if you're not a citizen), but isn't that 15% sales tax in lieu of income tax?  I wish we would adopt that.  Much easier and more fair.  imho

I wish.  I believe you're thinking of the Libertarian party tax plan.  Here in Canada, most purchases include an 8% federal tax and a 7% provincial tax (or vice versa).  On top of that, they pay similar taxes out of their paychecks that we do in the States, with a huge amount of that going to their healthcare system.  At least that's how it is in Ontario.  Apparently, Alberta does things a little different since they DON'T have healthcare for everyone (I think it's more like the States there...ie, privatized), but I've heard that's because they are the richest province.  I might have some of the details about that messed up though.

Anyway, the point is, it costs a lot of money to live up here for basically the same type of lifestyle I had in the States.