• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HOT Stands Music

My problem with # 8 is the stopping in the middle.  I think it should be more like Bolero (by Ravel) where it keeps going and building and faster and going  and faster and going and faster...

Otherwise it kinda seems like the band is playing it to waste time.

----

The UM "U" that the students do with their hands evolved from their hatred for Florida State.

It would seem that the Miami fans, as classy as they are, starting doing their version of the chop - with only the middle finger extended on the hand... and their chant was more like "F**K You Seminoles" (sung to the same melody as FSU's chant).

Well, the Miami administration decided that was a bit much, so they actually said they would kick the student section out if it continued doing that.  So they changed their gesture to the "U" hands - and don't do their version of the chant any more.

(As told to me by a Miami Alum and fan at the game last season)

----------------------------------

My only real suggestion would be that we bring some of the vocal music majors to the game to actually SING the fight song... and since the band plays the fight song before the game, maybe they could put the words to the song on the screens so people could start to sing it.

Yes, it may be corny or a bit too much like mass karaoke... but it would build our tradition a little bit... hell, USF could even charge more for an add to be placed next to the words, since most of the stadium would then be  looking at the screens!!

I would also ask that we give up the stupid Go Bama!/Go Gators! song.  I mean we borrowed that and Mr. Two Bits from Florida - what's next "We are the boys from South Florida" before the 4th quarter??

We are the boys from South Florida,

F-L-O-R-I-D-A.

Where the girls are the fairest

The boys are the squarest

Of any ol' state down our way, hey!

We are all strong for South Florida,

Down where the old Bulls do play.

In all kinds of weather

We'll all stick together

South F-L-O-R-I-D-A

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

My problem with # 8 is the stopping in the middle.  I think it should be more like Bolero (by Ravel) where it keeps going and building and faster and going  and faster and going and faster...

At the bb games, I thought they were speeding it up as they went along ..........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

We are the boys from South Florida,

F-L-O-R-I-D-A.

Where the girls are the fairest

The boys are the squarest

Of any ol' state down our way, hey!

We are all strong for South Florida,

Down where the old Bulls do play.

In all kinds of weather

We'll all stick together

South F-L-O-R-I-D-A

Jim,  what a beautiful singing voice you have...

As far as # 8 goes, at least it's original, and I like the fact that opposing teams might think the song is finished after the first go-round.  I'ts cool that the song keeps coming louder and faster... gets the crowd fired up.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

Keep the ideas coming... the other thead is pretty dead... so if you have ideas... throw them out now!  You never know... you might see it at games for decades to come!

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Just a question--was my convuluted answer actually intelligible to anyone but me?  :-/

Ok, everything thats on this page will be put into the list... if you have anything else... let me know ASAP

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

i

I would also ask that we give up the stupid Go Bama!/Go Gators! song.  I mean we borrowed that and Mr. Two Bits from Florida - what's next "We are the boys from South Florida" before the 4th quarter??

Our Go Bulls tune is completly different than the Go Gators, Go Gators Come on Gators, get up and go (Which happens to be a rip off from Bama)   The only similarity is the word GO.  Most schools around the country say "Go, ?"  I think its great to have a stadium wide chant that is building.  We really needed one.  Hopefully HOT takes some of these new ideas and creates some more stadium wide chants/cheers.

Its nice that HOT is stepping up and trying to create a more collegiate atmosphere instead of just using football games as a venue for their music.    they have really turned the corner this past season, and are actually helping build some tradition.  Way to go HOT.  If you missed them in Charlotte, then you really missed seeing a different Marching Band then USF has EVER had over the past 6 pr 6 years.  They rocked from the pep rally to the pregame, to the end of the game.   Watching them walk down onto the field before halftime and back into the stands, you could see how pumped they were and much enthusiam they now have.  Big difference then in years past.    Keep building it up HOT.

Our Go Bulls tune is completly different than the Go Gators, Go Gators Come on Gators, get up and go (Which happens to be a rip off from Bama)   The only similarity is the word GO.  Most schools around the country say "Go, ?"  I think its great to have a stadium wide chant that is building.  We really needed one.  Hopefully HOT takes some of these new ideas and creates some more stadium wide chants/cheers.

Its nice that HOT is stepping up and trying to create a more collegiate atmosphere instead of just using football games as a venue for their music.    they have really turned the corner this past season, and are actually helping build some tradition.  Way to go HOT.  If you missed them in Charlotte, then you really missed seeing a different Marching Band then USF has EVER had over the past 6 pr 6 years.  They rocked from the pep rally to the pregame, to the end of the game.   Watching them walk down onto the field before halftime and back into the stands, you could see how pumped they were and much enthusiam they now have.  Big difference then in years past.    Keep building it up HOT.

Thanks Bullman.

The song in question really isnt like any of those other songs.  If anything.. call into question the "Michigan" song we play (thankfully we didn't play it at the Michigan B-ball game).  

We hope to create more traditions and help better the atmosphere at games.  

I look foward to more ideas!

Thanks!

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I did foward the addition to #8 (vocal part) to the band's leadership and staff, we shall see how it goes over.  We try to add words into things all the time, its just hard getting to vocals out to the fans.  We need to work on that part.  Some vocal parts can be found on the band web site at http://band.arts.usf.edu/standsspirit.htm.  I want to add song clips to this page, as soon as that darn CD comes out!

#8 is the hands down best tune played by HOT.

It took me a few games to figure out the the Bull Horns sign for the song, and now I try to get the people around me to do the horn sign.

I want an MP3 of that song so I can make a ring tone of it and put it on my new RAZR phone.  That would get some attention for incoming calls.

This is more of a spirt squad suggestion, but maybe the Sundolls and Rocky can do a synchronized dance together for that song.

We will hopefully have CD out soon wih all of the music on it.  I don't know about MP3's... when I get the files I might play with them and maybe post some as MP3's for download.  But sorry guys, still no word on the CD's.

Any more suggestions?  Doesn't have to be just about stands music.