• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Huggins headed to S. Florida?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

if u take a look at the stats of huggins years at cincy, he had the lowest graduation rate in the country every year he was there thats how we know it in advance.  and ari, aren't you jewish?  jews don't go to church on sunday, and we don't go to church we go to temple, or synagogue

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

THat is because they DON"T count transfers.  You want to talk facts.

How about mac's graduation rate.  Its LIKE ZERO.

To get bitter and not even support the idea of a guy like huggins coming is just totally insane.

we are talking hall of famer here.

We aer talking about a guy who coached and recruited Nick Van Exel, Kenyon Martin, Steve Logan, Dontonio Winfield, Kenny Saterfield.

I mean who the heck have we had.  BB Waldon????

Give me a break.

Bring me the huggy bear, I will save you a seat on the bus to the NCAA tourny.

This is like Christmas in Feb.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38

if u take a look at the stats of huggins years at cincy, he had the lowest graduation rate in the country every year he was there thats how we know it in advance.  and ari, aren't you jewish?  jews don't go to church on sunday, and we don't go to church we go to temple, or synagogue

McCullum had a winning team before he came to USF. Did somebody think they knew in advance what he would do at USF?  "In advance" is just guessing...every situation is different.

Guest Sprtsfn627

I guess it just depends on where your standards are.  Under Huggins, Cincinnati basketball was the equivalent of Miami football:  Good teams, but lots of crime surronding the program.  If you see no problem with becoming the Miami of basketball, then this would be a good hire to you.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Yeah -- real unbiased that is.

I mean give me a break..  I didn't see any posts trashing CJL when Demtrius woods beat the hell out of his girlfried.  Or when Fisher got caught driving without a license for the 25th time.  Or when he didn't pay child support.

How about the fact that the football team has beared like 65 children.

YOu are such a downer.

THis guy had 20 or more wins at CInci 14 of the 16 years he was there.  He went to the tourny 12 straight years.  He won like 5 conference titles.  Went to a final four.   A couple regional finals.

You are defending a coach that has gone 6-40 in conference play over the last 3 years.

I question your virtues and your support.

I think you are bitter.

This guy is one of the best coaches that has EVER coached NCAA basketball.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the power of this board better never be underestimated

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38

I guess it just depends on where your standards are.  Under Huggins, Cincinnati basketball was the equivalent of Miami football:  Good teams, but lots of crime surronding the program.  If you see no problem with becoming the Miami of basketball, then this would be a good hire to you.

Don't really care who they hire. I'd just like to see folks support the team, which is what I thought fans did.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20

I cannot get excited about Huggins. But more importantly, Coach McCullum is a remarkable man. I hope he gets (at least) another year with the full support of the University. Through 4 head coaches, I've never seen a USF team more disciplined and poised on the court. Also, he has proven he can win in March.

I feel a truly responsible concerned booster should never take something like this public... The university must control the athletic department, not the boosters... at least not grandstanders who take this stuff public. Now, if Mr. Woolard does make a move, i think he risks coming off as a guy who doesn't stand up to the boosters... i want to win as bad as anybody. but i have to admire the head coach too. and the current head coach of the USF Mens Basketball Team is certainly an admirable man, certainly more than Huggins.

Of course, no matter what decision is made, I will continue to buy tickets and attend games.

Guest rueben_Horowitz

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about. I lived in Cincy for yrs while Huggins was there, everyone loved him. He screwed up and got bounced  b/c the administration wanted UC to be known for more than bb. It was a pissing match that Huggy lost to his boss.

It was NEVER like Miami football...to make such a comment is a combination of ignorance and spite.

Rueben ~ Get my donation working right away please.