• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCONN COACH DOGS USF!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996
  • Days Won:  0

Cmon Ya'll, we gotta get out there and support our Bulls Wednesday!  This guy is an a-hole!

Anyhow my friend Eric who goes to the University of Connecticut was listening to Joe D'Ambrosio on WTIC 1080 (some general Sports/News Station up there)and when the conversation was going towards UConn finishing the season and their remaining schedule, The host's comments as well as Jim Calhoun's comments, went something along these lines:  (I am paraphrasing the comments)

Coach Calhoun: South Florida,well, we just hope not to get anybody hurt in that one, they're really kind of a formality...we have to play them, they're in our conference. We just want to come out of there healthy and to get ready for the Big East Tourney in New York.

(again, I'm paraphrasing)

Joe D'Ambrosio: Aren't you worried, considering in recent years they've knocked off ranked teams down the stretch.

Coach Calhoun: (seeming iritated that a question was pushed further about a 'cellar-dwellar') Frankly, they are a non issue, we will probably have about 3,000 fans travel for that game, and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they average a little under 4,000 per home game.  It will be like playing in a neutral arena.  Considering they have been eliminated from any Tournament (even the NIT) their fans will not show, and if their trip to Providence is any indication, their players will barely make the trip.  Quite frankly, I'm not sure if they belong in the Big East, but that's not my call, that's Mike Trangese(Big East Commisioner).  

Again, this was me paraphrasing an excerpt from a radio broadcast in Connecticut, but still.  If this is the lack of respect we are getting nationally.  I understand that we are winless in the Big East, and that we have a third year coach with a program that has few scholarship players, but NOBODY is going to talk that kind of **** and copme into our house and try to piss on us.  Screw the Huskies.  What makes it hurt even more, is that they beat us at football this year also and took us out of Big East Championship contention.  We need to rally everyone we have and get out there on

Wednesday and make it a miserable night for them.

They might beat us, but we won't go down without a fight!!  GO BULLS!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

What he said could be true, but we could prove him wrong.  It was still rude to say.  I just hope our fans show up!  What else can we do?  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38

I think he's right that we don't belong in the Big East if the athletic department is content with the basketball program.

But let's hope that the fans will turn out- USF fans! I know I will be there.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I find it very hard to believe a coach would say any of that stuff...... a sports talk show host might. Somebody's pulling your leg.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I think he's right that we don't belong in the Big East if the athletic department is content with the basketball program.

But let's hope that the fans will turn out- USF fans! I know I will be there.

;)

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

mark uconn down on my list of teams to send some dog poo to in the mail...UL...UCF...PITT...WVU....UCONN...and FSU just cus ive always despised them...screw that little 1/4 of a state

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

If anyone would say that it would be Calhoun.

Most of the Big East seems to hate him.

He also had the same attitude on the news when I was watching it up in Worcester before our game.  He dismissed UCF and NC State/Charlotte and started talking about the team they would likely face in the regional championship (UNC?)  

Not just disrespectful, but stupid.  UCONN isn't except from the "any given day" rule...ESPECIALLY in March.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

The guy is just brutally honest.  Not afraid to say what he thinks.  Sorry to inform you, but it is what most of the college bball nation thinks about when they think USF.  Its what they will continue to think unless we make some serious changes.

doesnt look like we will.  Will be the same old thing next year.  

herm - sigh

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

what an *******...  totally unprofessional