• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UConn tickets not plentiful

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

No, they can't sell the dedicated student section tickets.

R U sure?  Isn't it first come first served?  Student tickets have been available, if nobody's going to the box office and getting them, do they have to let them go unused or can they be sold?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

Wait, we can go pick up our student tickets already?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

This reminds me of when Bob Huggins brought his highly ranked UC team to the SUNDOME. That place was pretty packed. I was a student then, so I had to wait in a very long line. By the time I made it in, I had to sit way up top in the 3rd level because all the seats were basically gone. Proves that this area will support a college basketball team if they start winning. People love winners.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

How many UConn fans bought tickets...It is their spring break...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

How many UConn fans bought tickets...It is their spring break...

This could be real ugly .......... there may be 10,000 actually there.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Wait, we can go pick up our student tickets already?

Yeah, you can always go to the box office and get your student tickets ahead of time. But if it's still like it was when I was there, you won't get to sit in the lower levels. Those are different tickets that are only given out at the student gate on game day.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

How early does the ticket office open on game day for us to get our regular lower section seats? I've always shown up minutes beforehand, so an actually competitive nature of getting tickets is a little strange to me. But I'm on campus all day Wednesday, so I can get over there whenever I need to.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It is gonna be crazy there... a home game for UConn.  If there are 10000 there, that means a ton of donors sold their tickets to UConn fans in the lower level.  Between students and season ticket holders, there are probably 3k-4k tickets accounted for (rough guess), and a 11k capacity.  The rest will be Uconn... 7-8k of them.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf should have doubled price of tix

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

It is gonna be crazy there... a home game for UConn.  If there are 10000 there, that means a ton of donors sold their tickets to UConn fans in the lower level.  Between students and season ticket holders, there are probably 3k-4k tickets accounted for (rough guess), and a 11k capacity.  The rest will be Uconn... 7-8k of them.

If everything for this game is "normal"....USF will have more 'blocked' seats then just 3-4k.

USF blocks all of the following sections for students, including F3 Sections 31-36 for Students. Plus...F2 Sect 26-28....plus all of G2, H2, I2...and of course H1.

All of those, plus season tix holders....probably make well over 1/2 of the Arena.

As mentioned...yeah...some USF Season Tix holders might sell their tix to this game...plus...USF Students can still buy $17 "companion" tix...and maybe re-sell them to UCONN fans for a possible profit.

Regardless...bringing in a top team in the country should make for a fun atmosphere at the game.

KL

PS. I think USF made a smart move in NOT moving this game to the Ice Palace (or any other top Big East Game). Keep your games ON CAMPUS!