• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LB should even get better

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USF Coaches See No Drop In Talent At Linebacker

Published: Apr 8, 2004

TAMPA - South Florida might have lost two starting linebackers from last season, but defensive coordinator Rick Kravitz is confident the level of play will not drop at that position.

``You can count on [juniors] Devon Davis and Stephen Nicholas. Then there are four others trying to take that next spot,'' Kravitz said. ``I'm real happy with Devon. He's done a real good job taking over making calls and adjustments. Stephen is playing a little Will and some Sam and his enthusiasm is carrying over.''

With USF's stable of talented underclassmen, the linebacker position will continue to be a strength of the Bulls' defense.

``We've got some real good, young kids competing for playing time,'' Kravitz said. ``They've worked their butts off and are going to play a big part in our defense in the years to come.''

Kravitz said he has been most impressed with Ronnie McCullough, a graduate of Hillsborough High.

``Ronnie had knee surgery before and these are the only practices he's ever had and he's coming on and competing,'' Kravitz said

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Linebacker U !!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

smazza ... nice post !

soon we'll be seeing pics in your posts  ;D

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

if KM makes the big time starter in KC then they will be lining up to come to linebacker U.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

in 2003 Bill Buchalter said that USF had the best Line Backer recruiting class of ANY of the Florida schools. We are just starting to see how good they will get.

Guest S.  Bien

I have been saying this like a broken record...and now that he's starting to become fully recovered and beginning to assert himself its time for me to say it again.

Ronnie McCollough was an absolute steal for USF.  I know his coach, and him, and this kid was a tireless worker and possibly one of the best LB's to come out of this area over the past 25 years, at least based on HS careers.  Easily, I am saying Ronnie was a better MLB then D'Qwell Jackson, and Larry Edwards.  Both start for Maryland, and UNC respectively.   Had Ronnie not blown out his knee our shot would have probably slimmed considerably.  He had a major, major knee blowout and still had full offers to Pitt, Iowa St., UTennessee, Purdue, and Virginia.  THIS IS AFTER HIS KNEE INJURY.   Before the knee injury some thought he was a lock for UF, maybe Miami!!!!!

I can't stress how hard of a worker, how smart Ronnie is on and off the field, he is a pure leader, and a commanding presence on the field.  This kid had instincts that were uncanny.   Just ask Coach Garcia who was his best LB to ever play for him- a list that is really distinguished, guys like Hoston, Jones, Davis, Dukes, et al.  

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Linebacker U !!

Linebacker U SOUTH  ;D

2005 LB U & LB U So. will tee off.  Undoubtedly the Nittany Lions will be trampled by the Bulls.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19

I had post-op rehab with Ronnie McCollough.  Incredibly nice kid and a tireless worker.  I must agree with Bien that he was an absolute steal.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

everybody trambles penn state

ET- pictures are my next frontier on this magic box

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Ronnie did have a strong game at LB ... as the entire "D" IMO ... the LB's were quick out there AND seemed always in position.

Go BULLS !!!