• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LB should even get better

Guest S. Bien

I told everyone about Ronnie last year.   Our 2003 class was severely underrated partly because of injuries.  If AJ Brant, Ronnie McCollough, and Dorrean James were all heathly their entire senior years, and finished off the seasons they were starting, each would have been more highly regarded.  Quite possibly none would have signed with USF.  As it stands USF got lucky, and we will be a much better team because of it.  I also told everyone how great JB Garris was, and what a steal for USF he was.

I guess I better pick a lock for 2004 class.  A little more difficult, and since I went on a limb with Ronnie because of his injury it seems only appropriate to it again on this pick.  This class we signed more difference makers than ever before.  We signed guys that are locks to star and excel, even if they were playing for a top 10 ball club.  At first blush you would say that Terrence Jones, Hall, Hunnicutt, Buie, Griffin, Peyton, Searcy, and Edwards are bonified stars.

My surprise pick for 2004 to make an immediate move or impact would be Mike Williams.  I'll go with what I've seen play, and Mike, despite being overshadowed by some bigger name HS teammates, was a real lockdown corner, with excellent speed, and is a great all-around athlete.  Armwood was an excellent defensive team because of Buie, but they won the state championship because of their two corners Williams, and Anderson.  After that I love Julmiste's size, and Ponton.

Also, they quietly creep around campus, but last year's signee's that have yet to make a name and were initially ineligible are probably the next big stars.  Keep an eye on Woody George, Rashid Lavergne (this guy will be a starting guard in 2005- mark my words), and Curtis Chance.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

He could always play Basketball!  ;D

Joshua%20Julmiste.jpg

Joshua Julmiste

Senior Forward/Guard

6'6 1/2" 215 lbs

Guest S. Bien

No way in the world is Josh 6-61/2....more like 6-5 maybe, but still very tall.  No way is he a WR, he runs in the low 4.6's in the 220lb range, but he has decent hands, and he's slow off the cut.  Easily, this is a no-brainer, he's either a DE, or TE.  They are going to start at DE, can you imagine the spring game call Julmiste sacks Julmiste.  If he proves more agile, and capable with his hands he may move to TE.

He has the type of DE build I like when recruiting a kid for that position.  Give me a tall, slender kid with good long arms, and solid speed.  I will show you a monster DE in three years.  He will get quicker, and improve technique with this staff, and eventually dominate.   Like Josh Johnson last year from East Bay, or Dingle that went to WVU, via UF.  Those guys have the long, gliding bodies for DE like Josh, or even a Jevon Kearse type.

Younger Kearse might be a strong-side, but he will need to slim up, and improve quickness.  If not expect him to be a dominating down lineman at DT.  In three years he will be 6-3 285lbs+ with tremendous speed.

Bien...I got those numbers from the Miramar Basketball site. Maybe he's grown  some. He sure towers over his brother in the Spring Game photo that Dave took:

http://www.usf.rivals.com/featurepopnew.asp?SID=1074&FeKey=5201&Item=55724

Guest S. Bien

I Know Howie, and I wasn't trying to bust your chops, but I can guarantee almost our entire basketball team is at least 1 inch shorter than their announced height in the programs, in Brian Swift's case its more like two inches.  In football height matters, in basketball its crucial.  There is more fibbing on basketball program height's then during Clinton's oath of office speech.

He definitely isn't 6-6 or more, but he is taller than 6-4.  Having stood next to Pat, I would have to say Pat is closer to 6-2 than 6-3.  Josh is probably 2 full inches taller than Pat.  Which is a pretty nice size.

SBien...Speaking of touted LB's from last year's class, Gene Coleman ended up at Pearl River CC:

coleman-gene-38_t.jpg

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/news/stories/20030903/localsports/184601.html

Guest S. Bien

What a pity, that kid could play.

Now with 8 backers by next fall that have 3 years or more eligibility its highly unlikely we will ever see Gene.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I saw Josh standing next to Pat and he looks taller than Pat ... by about 3 inches ...

but it doesn't matter as long as they both contribute.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

bien give some hope on offense

o line, qb, wr, te,rb anything?

are we going to be better than last year?