• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Att. Numbers for Spring Game ?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

not many people know about it and a lot of people are leaving town for the weekend due to the holidays, so don't expect a big crowd

not many people know about it and a lot of people are leaving town for the weekend due to the holidays, so don't expect a big crowd

I will always expect a big crowd  ;D

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

My wife graduated from UF in 81 and during those days there was no endzone seating and she said that the stadium was only 3/4 full, if that.   Of course, those were the Doug Dickey/pre-Spurrier days when losses were plentiful.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

About 14 years ago, I was at a meeting up in G'ville for all the Florida chapters of my fraternity. After the meeting, we went to their Spring game and it was a freaking ghost town-- 500 people if that. Things must have changed since then I guess.

MikeG, IMO fans are, well, more fanatical now than back in the 80's or early 90's.  Spring games are marketed now for most D1A universities where before it wasn't.  I imagine some HC's didn't want fans around but have been pressured to allow it by alum & athletic associations.

On another note, I went to the UF vs Southern Cal in '82 (Pell was HC then) as a HS jr w/one of my assistant FB coaches.  Wilbur Marshal was a jr at UF.  He had like 15 plus tackles.  The atmosphere was incredible.  I agree about ever visiting G'ville for a football game.  I will probably never go back to the Swamp except for USF's games or if I receive free UF vs FSU tix that do not interfere with a Bull game in the state of FL.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

trojans had 10000 for their game

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

I thought it was about 2 to 3000.  I'm hoping for at least 5k.  I know that I am bringing about 10 people + beer.

talkbeer3.jpg

The best of (Homer) Simpson's Quotes:

Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will. --Homer Simpson

Ah, the college roadtrip. What better way to spread beer-fueled mayhem? --Homer Simpson

All right, let's not panic. I'll make the money by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one. --Homer Simpson

Bart, a woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one! --Homer Simpson

Beer. Now there's a temporary solution. --Homer Simpson

Does whisky count as beer? --Homer Simpson

Good drink... good meat... good God, let's eat! --Homer Simpson

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson

I hope I didn't brain my damage. --Homer Simpson

I know what you're saying, Bart. When I was young, I wanted an electric football machine more than anything else in the world, and my parents bought it for me, and it was the happiest day of my life. Well, goodnight. --Homer Simpson

I like my beer cold...my TV loud...and my homosexuals flaming. --Homer Simpson

Mmmm, Gummy-beer. --Homer Simpson

Oh no! What have I done? I smashed open my little boy's piggy bank, and for what? A few measly cents, not even enough to buy one beer. Wait a minute, lemme count and make sure...not even close. --Homer Simpson

Oh, Lisa, you and your stories: Bart's a vampire, beer kills brain cells. Now let's go back to that... building... thingie... where our beds and TV... is. --Homer Simpson

When will I learn? The answer to life's problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle, they're on TV! --Homer Simpson

Yes, honey...Just squeeze your rage up into a bitter little ball and release it at an appropriate time, like that day I hit the referee with the whiskey bottle. --Homer Simpson

homer.gif

• 2 years later...

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I suspect about 2,000 but no more then 3,000