• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wikipedia Article Speculates about USF Rivals...

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

As someone pointed out earlier, it's a school rivalry.  Football may come in time, but the two schools have been rivaling each other for a while now.

Great point.  I've seen too much about the academic stuff and the medical school stuff on this board alone to deny that one.

Plus I have too many UCF friends from back in the day and that comparison fits.  They didn't give a crap about sports, but they liked UCF and thought USF was a ****** school.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Not trying to force anything at all.  Just pointing out the obvious.  If this board is a microcosm of the feelings on both campuses it is certainly a rivalry.

I think it's just the opposite. If it was a real rivalry, you wouldn't have the majority of Bulls fans on here saying it's not..... With a real rivalry, there is no gray area.

I know too many people -- casual fans that can't name two players -- that think it is a rivalry.  My efforts to convince them otherwise get a cross-eyed stare like I'm stupid.  Their response is typically, "well if they aren't our rival who is?"

Actually, a decent question.   By default they may be it.

The answer to their question is we don't have one at this time. Why do the casual fans think we have to have a rivalry?? ................. Oh yeah, it's because they are casual fans.    ;)

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

It's the proximity.  Many players played with or against each other in high school and/or were recruited by both schools.   If I could picka  rival for UCF it wouldn't be USF.  I'd rather be rivals with FSU or Miami.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

How many USF fans are on the UCF message board trying to drum up this rivalry?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

I just looked up your site and at first glance could not find any, I am sure there are a few outliers out there somewhere but  for the most part this "rivalry" seems to be rather one sided.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Just wanted to see what all the banter was about and at my 1 cent.  

Carry on.  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

If this board is a microcosm of the feelings on both campuses it is certainly a rivalry.

This board isn't a microcosm for the average fan, because the fans on here are not the average fan.  You cannot compare the population of fans by using a set of fans that choose to spend their time on an online fan based website.  That isn't a random sample, it is a sample of above average fans.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I am sure there are a few outliers out there somewhere but  for the most part this "rivalry" seems to be rather one sided.

Absolutely positively consistently correct.  The UCF fans have been telling us for years that we are football rivals, even though we never played.  They've been trying to shove it down our throats, and create a rivalsy that didn't exist.  Are there some fans that want this to be a rivalry?  Yes.  However, the average USF couldn't care less about UCF.