• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thaddeus Lewis to Duke

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

per Insiders Duke site--dammit   >:(

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I had a feeling this would happen. He was treated like a king at his visit, I wish our campus had more of a studnet life, this is what seemed to sway him if you read the article.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

He is and will be, (during his tenure @ Duke) be a LOSER!

Don't do that Ty...

These kids have A LOT of pressure on them to choose a school. They make the decision that they feel is best for them. Scorning a kid for choosing a school that isn't USF is being a bad sport.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

You cant win them all. I got the impression that this kid wants to play right away which I dont think it would be as easy playing right away at USF because we have so many QBs for next season. I have my confidence in Grothe or Hill to get the job done at QB next season. Cant forget about the coaches son that transfered from Indiana in Gregory.

PS Joe, I am sorry but the USF women should be more than enough campus life for any athlete that likes females. I am not sure that Duke has close to as many nice looking females compared to USF. Duke just buttered the kid up better than USF because they will need all the help that they can get with that football program. I say good luck to the kid, he seems like a nice kid that will get a good education from Duke. Not sure about many football wins though.

Brahman...I'm not saying that USF doesn't have good looking women in fact i can guarentee our women are much nicer looking than Duke's. They just don't stick around on the weekend. I'm sure going to the Duke basketball game helped too. We just don't have the campus life like that.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Don't do that Ty...

These kids have A LOT of pressure on them to choose a school. They make the decision that they feel is best for them. Scorning a kid for choosing a school that isn't USF is being a bad sport.

My meaning is that he will be lucky to win 2 games a year @ Duke. I did say it correctly.

Also. Any young man that signs at Fla, FSU or UM will have a harder time to play in a BCS bowl than USF. If I wanted to play in the Natl Championship I believe that USF has the easiest road.......

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

We def. do not have a campus life like Duke.  In fact, our campus life in non-existent.  We are a commuter school in a city.  I went to USF and never hung out on campus once.  

Bottom line is the kids knows he most likely will not go professional, so it comes down to, Do I want to get my education at USF (The Harvard of Hillsborough) or Duke (which name alone speaks for itself).  You would do the same!

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Lewis, who shared the details of his recruiting visits with The Miami Herald, said he picked Duke not with his heart, but an open mind.

''This wasn't just about football, it was about getting a great education too,'' said Lewis, who also visited South Florida, Pittsburgh and Texas Christian. ``Believe me I want to lead this team and turn this program into a winner, but after football, I want to have that degree from Duke that will open alot of doors.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/13764951.htm

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Never even read that article, **** I'm smart!

(see post before)