• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I KNOW TODAY IS A FOOTBALL DAY BUT.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

I'm the guy driving the bus that's running all of you over 8)

As my good friend DMince says "ya know they fall down a lot."  And he's right, they do.  They also miss layups occassionally, and aren't as effective in transition.  But if you appreciate good basketball, not just dunks and guys going chest-to-back on the post, then women's basketball can be great to watch.  The women are generally better passers and shooters, and usually give a more consistent effort night in and night out.  

And I'll put Jessica Dickson's step-back jumper up there with a lot of guys out there.  Can she get it off against Collin Dennis?  No chance, but its apples to oranges.  All of you watch college football, which is far inferior to the NFL product... why?  That's the same reason we watch women's ball, not just the men or the NBA.  It's about the competition.  If you're a true Bull, you'll watch us play softball, tennis, lacrosse, pot-limit Omaha, or beer pong if its being contested by your Bulls at a Division I level.  

Bigbull and I are officially closing the bandwagon... none of you clowns who posted on this thread should be allowed to comment as the Bulls enjoy their first foray into March Madness in 14 years, and the first time ever for the ladies.  So don't utter a keystroke when we're playing in the first and second rounds on ESPN, or criticize our team or players when that will be the first time you'll have seen them all season.  

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

The funny thing is, game in and game out the women put up more points than the men...the men are sloppy, cant shoot, and turn the ball over like it's a chore...and you find that exciting? Personally, I find a Jessica Dickson jumper way more exciting than Capko getting lost in a half court press.

I doubt any one of the people on this thread who have mentioned their distain for women's hoops have ever been to a USF game under the tenure of Jose Fernandez.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

I agree that the women tend to be more fundematally sound, but i have a hard time watching a bunch of ppl that i could outrun and outjump play high level sports.

Its like a mens game where the players wear 50 lb ankle weights.

I would watch the sun dolls play basketball though.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

TNBulls I would love to see you take on Jessica Dickson 1 on 1. . . I will promise that you will get murdered!

I go to all womens games and most mens games. . .I find that the womens games are a lot more fun than the mens game.  Most of you are complaining on this board about the mens team not winning and some of you have said that they dont show any heart (not true).  Well go to a womens game and these ladies play like this is their last game every game.

When the USF Ladies Team makes the big dance I will travel!  If at least a few people are willing to travel to see the ladies in the big dance then how bout you guys come out to a few games.

As coach Jose told us Student Bulls Club members at our first meeting,  Come out to a game and you will come back.  Take Coach up on the offer, pay 5 dollars come into the Sun Dome and then come back the next game!

GO LADY BULLS!

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I've traveled to away games to see the ladies Bulls play under the Jerry Ann Winters regime... have seen my fair share of games under Jose, and look forward to seeing them play in the tourney this season. I actually talked some smack last week to a Notre Dame fan at work after our women's team upset their team. He laughed at me... but I got a small blow in for USF. All said though, I would rather watch our inept men's team with hopes of catching a nasty dunk. Lower the rims to nine feet and you'll have a whole new game.

Did you guys see that chick who scored 113 points in a game last night. She is going to Rutgers next year.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

Sheriff, I was talking to the other clowns on this thread!

You would have a problem coming to womens games being that you are in AZ.  I have seen you post about the womens team and I just hope that you keep spreading the news about this team.

And 113 points is a ton and Rutgers is already good!