• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Nova game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the game today, sitting front row of the student section, and nobody, i mean nobody better say one bad thing about this team.  they play their hearts out day in and day out, the held in there with the #6 team in the country only to lose by 3.  **** happens when you have three guys with 4 fouls, your gonna have to play cautious ball which is what we did for a few minutes.  we were up most of game, and did one hell of a job.  coach deserves everybody's respect on this board, and so do the players, yes even capko.  i don't care how much everybody thinks he sucks, that kid plays with heart and took a shot to the face today, right to his nose.  this team plays with heart.  if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.  this is a NO BASHING THE TEAM OR COACH THREAD.  

on to the fans.  the student section, i personally think did an awesome job, alumni and donors, you guys NEED to stand up and support the team in a game like this.  you can't be sitting down on your hands and knees when we are hanging in there with the #6 team in the country, my arms hurt from trying to get you all into the game.  it was pathetic.  

referee's sucked and were absolutely horrible.   there were some clear fouls they missed and some fouls they called on us that should have been called on nova, probably didn't want to see a #6 lose to an unranked team.  a nova guy goes over one of our players hits the ball out and the foul is called on us.  they missed a elbow to buck's face early on in the game, also.  

sundolls, by the way the halftime show looked, if thats the way it was done at nationals, you ladies got jiped.  you deserved a #1 spot for that kind of performance.  good job and keep up the good work.

I'll Repeat One More Time, THIS IS A NO BASHING ON THE TEAM OR COACH THREAD, DO THAT SOME PLACE ELSE

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

No disrespect intended Bullzfan4life... but this is the same old song... I've been reading this comment for three years now... but you are lucky... you got to goto the game while I suffered in misery in front of my computer.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

****, how did my wife find out i was on here? I thought I was allowed some independent thought when she wasn't around?????

The players, indeed, played their hearts out, they deserve medals of valor. But mac, he deserves a copy of the home game.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  193

i think you're right on bullzfan...i thought it was an amazing game, very fun to watch (and i HATE basketball). the refs blew a lot of calls, def. agree with ya there...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

No disrespect intended Bullzfan4life... but this is the same old song... I've been reading this comment for three years now... but you are lucky... you got to goto the game while I suffered in misery in front of my computer.

And it wasn't the same "old song" under your boy Seth? Oh wait, it wasn't. Seth's team would have gotten pounded by a top 10 team. Once we have some depth we will be a tough team to beat.

I know it will be tough for you to ever get behind this coach, but the bottom line is he prepares his team well and he has a great game plan. You can't use this "the other teams play down to our level" crap anymore. It's no coincidence now that we play hard, with heart and with good D.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

This game, and just about all the other games this year have had one thing in common... GREAT DEFENSE by our bulls, but not enough horses in the stable.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Sheriff,

I have to disagree there with you about seeing the same thing the last two years. We were in a much easier league last season in C-USA. This is the BIG EAST which is the best conference in America. The former conference homes of Allen Iverson, Ewing, Rip Hamilton, Okafor, etc. Great players play in this league, and Jones is stepping up by making big rebounds. This season is a whole different ball game. As long as USF hangs tough with the best basketball league, it is a win-win situation for the program. Why you ask??? Well for startes everyone thought that USF would be getting smoked by at least 20 pts a game (see Vegas oddsmakers, I am glad I dont bet much). Also, we have some players coming in that will help get us there. Lets face it, McCullum is making the most out of this team that we have right now. Give hime some more decent players then I bet that Seton Hall would have lost to USF. If USF is saying the same song next season then I will start to agree with the Darkside, but not right now because USF is showing that they can play with these big boys from the BIG EAST.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Give hime some more decent players then I bet that Seton Hall would have lost to USF.

If you want to play the hypothetical game, then I will tell you that if we had a healthy Chris Howard that this team would be at least 3-3 in the Big East and over .500 overall.

A healthy bunch next season will translate to more wins, and wins against Top 25 teams in the Big East.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Give him some decent players... hello, McFly  ;)... that is what he is paid to do... sorry for the sarcasm... not trying to alienate Bulls fans!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If you want to play the hypothetical game, then I will tell you that if we had a healthy Chris Howard that this team would be at least 3-3 in the Big East and over .500 overall.

A healthy bunch next season will translate to more wins, and wins against Top 25 teams in the Big East.

ABSOLUTELY...   I'd go even further than that... we'd have 1 non-conference loss too.