• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

At Least the Sundome is up to scratch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

According to the Announcers on ESPN gameplan, with the new screens and courtside seats.

Said the Sundome is a GOOD on campus venue

It would be even better if they could put some folks in the seats!

Very True, but we gotta get what we can get atm...and we cannot pretend the season is gonna be pretty but these guys deserve support

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

it really is a cool dome.. i wish they clean up the outside a bit cause it shows its age.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

Crowd was decent, students were great and the scoreboards are very cool - finally live stats!

Unfortunately, we could not buy a basket on the few open shots we had.

(BTW, one of the Centerplate concessions staff was wearing a Penn State jacket.  Please buy them USF gear to wear if they are cold.)

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

RJW, have to ask...  all non-soccer fans please ignore below:)

Why are you not asking people to buy shares in F.C. United?  York City is a great story and a great way to run a club... but F.C. is the new home of the true Red Devils, correct?  

I'm doing everything I can here to keep the Glazers from making a dime, which includes eating before all Bulls and Bucs games and buying as few concessions as possible.  And them bouncing out of Europe before the new year couldn't hurt... but why York City?

RJW, have to ask...  all non-soccer fans please ignore below:)

Why are you not asking people to buy shares in F.C. United?  York City is a great story and a great way to run a club... but F.C. is the new home of the true Red Devils, correct?  

I'm doing everything I can here to keep the Glazers from making a dime, which includes eating before all Bulls and Bucs games and buying as few concessions as possible.  And them bouncing out of Europe before the new year couldn't hurt... but why York City?

Very correct Collin, FC United is the new club that was setup by the disgruntaled United fans that opposed the take over by Glaser, the reason I have York is cause they are my first love and my main team, as I am from just down the road!  United are my team for the premiership (cause York aint ever going to reach that level!, we are currently just getting by in the conference 4 divisions below the premiership, if York played United (and we did 10 years ago, (and York Won!) then you would find me on the York terrace))  Plus conference football is far more exciting, the premiership is turning into a one team show.  plus its fun to be stood in the crowd and know you have can have a direct influence on the players (one time the ball was rolling out of play being sheparded by the defender with the york striker not challenging, I shouted at him fight for it!!! and he procedded to turn round run at the defender start wrestling for the ball and got a free kick!)

Gonna be interesting to see the finances at United this year but I suspect they will get by dispite losing the £25mm jackpot for getting to the latter stages of Europe, heck they just spent £13mm on two new players.  What will be interesting is to see how much Sky is willing to shell out for the next tv contract, (prob no where near the £1bn that was done 3 years ago) if thats low then a lot of spending forecast for many clubs will be questioned, except Chelsea!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

About the scoreboards in the Dome. I noticed last night that the Dome was louder. I believe it is because the scoreboards are holding in more sound. In the past, a lot of the sound would excape throught the corners. Now, you kind of get that sound bounces right back off the scoreboards. Once USF gets that SUNDOME packed, I know that place will be rocking louder than ever before because of the new scoreboards.