• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ladies Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

People...if you haven't seen the ladies play basketball in the last few years, do yourself a favor and come see them.  Not only is Jessica Dixon leading the country in scoring, these girls are working their hooves off.

It's a shame they dropped the game to Rutgers tonight...that would have been a very high quality win.  If not for the All American player for Rutgers, we clearly had them.  Get out and see them...they deserve the support.  The most competitive program we have at this point imo.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

ummm we beat ourselves...65% from the line is not USF women's basketball.

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

Umm... that was an INCREDIBLE game.  What a freaking display by both Pondexter and Dickson.  Both players were absolutely 100% unguardable.  We put three people on Pondexter at times, and she still scored.  Rutgers closed out everything and tried to force Dickson to beat them from the perimeter... and she did.  Each time either one caught the ball, you knew it was going in.  

Both teams made mistakes down the stretch, with us missing free throws and Rutgers taking their last shot FAR too early with the score tied.  But if you were there, it was a performance by both players you won't soon forget.  

Very tough loss for the Bulls.  One bad stretch in the second half was the difference where we couldn't get a decent look and Jessica couldn't catch it in a place where she was comfortable.  We're somewhat sloppy in the half court at times, part of which is having a freshman point guard.  But if you didn't enjoy that game tonight, there's just no hope for you and basketball.  One of the top 5 games I've ever seen in the Dome.  No coaching chess, no junk defenses.... just two incredible players going one on one, and their supporting casts playing their asses off.  

The ladies need to keep their heads up after these two losses, as tonight was a classic.  I hope we don't have to play like that every game, as you want to see more players actively involved in the offense... but its nice to know you can give it to #25 and get out of the way, and she can carry you to **** near a win against a Top 10 team.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

I agree Collin, it was one of the best games Ive seen....Great atmosphere and great basketball....Its just a shame we could not pull it out, that was a game I really wanted us to have

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

Yeah, I am impressed with them.. I am wondering what will USF be ranked if they DID NOT LOSE 2 STARTERS for the season?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

congrats on your play against rutgers... to bad... the won it in the end... but great game by your gals.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Tough Loss, however, the ladies will pull off an upset this year.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

I agree Collin, it was one of the best games Ive seen....Great atmosphere and great basketball....Its just a shame we could not pull it out, that was a game I really wanted us to have

yeah it all went downhill once u and phil got there

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

They lost one starter, Tristen Webb. Sheats is back, but hasnt really been what she was.

Also, they already upset then #11 DePaul earlier in the year. DePaul is now #10.