• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jamal Harvey joining McCluster at OleMiss...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

...the power of negative recruiting.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709
  • Days Won:  0

Something strange is brewing.  This can get infectious.  Leavitra better do something about it soon.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  242

We've lost an Athlete/QB (Grooms); a RB (McCluster) and a WR (Harvey).  Also, Darrel Davis commited to NCSU.  Most of these have occurred since our stellar offensive performance in the Bowl.  I think they saw our offense in the game and it diminished their desire to play here.  Have we had any defensive recruits decommit?  Curious it has been offensive players that have bailed.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Jamal Harvey is playing Safety at Ole Miss

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

OK, so I am new at following this recruiting thread and recruiting in general.  I usually just follow them once they actually put on the green and gold.  My question is this:  Do players look more at the fact they can start since it is a $hitty offense or do they want to stay away since they may look bad in the $hitty offense?  I am guessing I may have answered my own question by looking at who is backing out, huh?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

good luck to both of them...they will go the CI route

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

CI will be a starter for Florida next season (his RS sophomore year)...How is that bad?

However, this kid is going to play Safety for Ole Miss. Ed Oregeron was credited as being the best recruiter on Pete Carrol's staff at USC, it was a big reason for Ole Miss bringing him in.

We must remember that our school does not have the tradition, the practice facilities, the money, or the fans that these other programs have. Ole Miss is usually a 6-5 team makes the independence bowl and may or maynot win. They probably will never consistently be an upper elceon SEC team. That being said win or lose they still have 60,000 fans at their games every weekend, they also are on TV multiple times per season. Twice nationally this year on CBS.  Further, this kid as a football player for an SEC school is automattically a "god" on his campus.

Recruits dig stuff like that. Look at the number of recuits that committed to UF after their blowout v. FSU. Many of them sited the stadium atmosphere as being an overwhelming decision.

Our day will come where we bring in top recruits, it takes time though. We have come a long way in 9 years, but we still have a ways to go. We need to make USF an environment where the football is big. These days you have classes with football players and no one cares. Go to a big time football school and that WILL be the buzz of the classroom.

I've said it plenty of times, these kids need their egos filled, and going to a school where they eat, sleep, and breath football certainly helps.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

pathetic

we need better recruiters