• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is Chris Simms good enough to win a playoff game

Guest rueben_horowitz

Guest parradocs

Simms was good enough, the supporting cast wasn't.  The "Cadillac" barely got out of the garage.  The two interceptions were on tips that happened all day because the O-Line still isn't quite good enough.  Edell Sheppard gets the goat of the day, of course.  How many of those passes would Griese have been able to hit?  Simms is the future.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think the picks were absolutely on Simms, because they got tipped.  He needs to be more aware of his open throwing lanes.  With that said, I think he did a good job.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Caddy is overrated

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,592
  • Days Won:  424

I'd find it hard to pin that loss on Simms even with the picks. I was encouraged by his resiliency<sp>. He got hammered but kept coming back ........ If the Bucs can keep him, we're looking **** good for years to come on that side of the ball.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not pinning the loss on him, by himself, but this picks are his.

Guest rueben_Horowitz
I'd find it hard to pin that loss on Simms even with the picks. I was encouraged by his resiliency<sp>. He got hammered but kept coming back ........ If the Bucs can keep him, we're looking **** good for years to come on that side of the ball.

Can't pin it on Simms. He played stone cold, love his confidence, love his presence.

Bad luck for the Bucs, good luck for the Skins was what it came down to in the end.

Guest parradocs

I agree he needs to be aware of passing lanes, but balls getting tipped at the line happens all the time.  Normally, they just result in a incompletion rather than an interception.  If you wait around for a clear lane you'll never get a pass off.  He had five passes tipped at the line out of forty.  That isn't terribly unusual.  The O-Line bears some of the brunt as well, it is their job to keep the hands down.  

It disappointing for this year, but the future looks bright.