• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did you see that....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

Platsche just spent the last 30 seconds on Around the Horn talking about us! Said his friends here enjoyed the trip, seeing our team run on the field, and he likes the bowl system because of that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I saw it-- it was pretty cool even if the douchebag host talked over him at the end.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

thats the thing about these bowl games....

sure everyone says there are too many and that they are meaningless, but i completely disagree.

our fans had a blast and we lost.  could you imagine if we won.  this bowl system allows a lot of teams to end their seasons on good notes.  i heard guys on jim rome today saying that ALL the bowl games are meaningless expect for the USC vs Texas game (they specifically pointed out the Georiga vs West Virigina as being pointless)

what a joke.

they should probably turn the BCS games into a playoff but still leave these other games.  its a great time and perfect way to award the players for all their hard work.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Thanks for the heads up... I was watching ATH and PTI on ESPNews anyway... for some reason I thought there was a chance they might say a word about us.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  198

Those that say all the bowl games are meaningless just don't get it.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

they are mostly media guys that got their degrees at non football schools

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Wow and this is the same guy that said watching the MCC bowl would be a joke.  Could it be that those "friends" are just some people from this board?  

Here is the original thread:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1134080622;start=8#8

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Meaningless in a way that the outcome doens't affect much else then receiving a trophy, pride, and better recruiting.  Truely only 1 bowl game awards a national champion, but the other bowl games are meaningful in other ways.  The Meinke Car Car Bowl is as meaningful as the Gator/Outback/Hawaii/Las Vegas/Forth Worth or Cotton Bowl, each declares a winner, allows fans from two schools to enjoy a great road trip, pay schools millions of dollars, and help the schools recruit better players.  Is there any other difference between them?  I cant think of one.  Sure some have better reputations, but only because they pay out more, or have better picks.  They all are just games between two teams that arent in the hunt for a national championship.  Until a playoff system is in place there will always be just 1 "Meaningful" game, if the definition of meaningful is to declare a national champion.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I'm sure he received some email from a few members of the Bulls Nation.

If so, those same folks should e-mail back and say thanks. Why only e-mail when you have something to complain about?