• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the closed practices really helped

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes I wonder how Smazza types these posts without shorting out his keyboard from all the drool...

Self-Portrait-Drool.jpg

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  393

My friend Steve. As my seventh graders were working on their math assignment I laughed out loud. They asked me what made me laugh so loud. i did not tell them. You are hysterical!

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

As my seventh graders were working on their math assignment I laughed out loud. They asked me what made me laugh so loud. i did not tell them.

you should tell them you were laughing at the box score of the USF-NCST bowl game.  tell them that CJL's negligence in addressing the offense and addressing recruiting needs is downright hilarious, to the point where its making college football program a joke

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

for what it's worth, leavitt made TV crews turn off their cameras during practice last week when the Bulls rehearsed the fake punt play that went for a 31-yard gain against N.C. State.

believe me, i'm a fan of open practices and made as much use of that open first half hour as anybody this season, but this was a case where leavitt was probably smart to keep some things out of public knowledge ...

greg

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

you should tell them you were laughing at the box score of the USF-NCST bowl game.  tell them that CJL's negligence in addressing the offense and addressing recruiting needs is downright hilarious, to the point where its making college football program a joke

cece.jpg

Cee at play.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

for what it's worth, leavitt made TV crews turn off their cameras during practice last week when the Bulls rehearsed the fake punt play that went for a 31-yard gain against N.C. State.

believe me, i'm a fan of open practices and made as much use of that open first half hour as anybody this season, but this was a case where leavitt was probably smart to keep some things out of public knowledge ...

greg

Greg, they had CJL's post game press conference on the NCSU radio broadcast. I could have sworn I heard him say that he called for a fake punt also when we were backed up in our endzone and it was wide open but players didn't execute. Was I imagining things??

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913

leavitt told me sunday that he had called for the fake punt first when USF was backed up on its own 1-yard line -- he'd seen both stingers (walt smith and jackie chambers, i think) left uncovered and called for it, but baker didn't get the signal.

if you watch the replay, leavitt is very upset with baker after the kick, which didn't make sense originally. the snap had been low and to the right, so baker did well just to get it and get off a kick, but this explains why leavitt was upset.

fun stuff. doesn't get bolder than a fake punt from your own 1, no matter what you see from the sidelines.

greg

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874

fun stuff. doesn't get bolder than a fake punt from your own 1, no matter what you see from the sidelines.

Can you imagine what the pundits on this board that know everything would have been posting had that play occurred... ::)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Can you imagine what the pundits on this board that know everything would have been posting had that play occurred... ::)

You forgot to add "and been unsuccessful".  ;)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

let me tell you that a fake punt on one's own one would be a stupid call whether it works or not

leavitt know defense but nothing about special teams and offense and his failure to realize that will lead to his demise

usfmikeb-don't confuse me with you.i do know everything(about football).you think you know everything