• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here´s a Good Young Hire

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Florida Southern College

SEAN HANRAHAN

Assistant Coach

The 2005-06 season will be the fifth for assistant coach Sean Hanrahan on the Moccasin bench. The Ohio native joined the staff shortly after Tony Longa’s promotion to head coach in October of 2000 after serving as an assistant at Sunshine State Conference rival Rollins College for two years.

While at Rollins, Hanrahan played a major recruiting role in acquiring what Tars’ Coach Tom Klusman said is one of his best recruiting classes in 24 years, a class that helped put the Tars in the NCAA Tournament in 2003 and 2004. Hanrahan played a huge role in making the 2000 summer camp for kids the most attended session in Klusman’s camp history. In addition to being an assistant coach, Hanrahan was also the head strength & conditioning coach at Rollins for men’s basketball.

A certified personal trainer, Hanrahan received his bachelor’s degree in 1999 in physical education with an emphasis on exercise physiology and nutrition from Hanover College in Indiana. While living in Orlando, Hanrahan ran his own personal training business.

Originally from Cincinnati, Ohio, Hanrahan played basketball at Hanover under Coach Mike Beitzel, the owner of over 400 career victories. During Hanrahan’s playing career, Hanover’s teams were ranked in the top ten nationally for field goal percentage defense and all four years in scoring defense, making him a perfect fit for the Florida Southern program. He was also the president of the Big Brothers & Big Sisters program at Hanover.

Hanrahan played prep basketball for four years at Purcell Marian High School in Cincinnati, helping lead his team to three district championships. During his junior and senior years, Hanrahan was a city leader in three-pointers made, points and scoring average and was named an All Conference player. He was an all-region selection as a senior and played in the East-West Ohio All-Star game.

A true student and teacher of the game, Hanrahan has attended and helped run 11 Glenn Wilkes/Nike Basketball Clinics over the last seven years. During the last three summers at the Michael Jordan Flight School he worked out many NBA prospects, including 2005 first round picks Deron Williams (Utah Jazz), Chris Paul (New Orleans Hornets), Sean May (Charlotte Bobcats) and David Lee (New York Knicks).

Hanrahan and his wife Brandi reside in Lakeland with their daughter Mya Ann, who was born May 21, 2005.

And he and I may be working on a basketball camp down here in Rio.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

No, we need a young Duke or UNC assistant.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

No offense, ET, but Florida Southern and the Big East are in different universes.  This guy doesn't have the experience to coach at the BE level.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Bring on Rick Majerus!!! We need a coach that is a comedian right now because we are near rock bottom. I prefer a Mike Jarvis also..

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

Lou Carneseca - Big East experience and such a snappy dresser   ;D

He may not be interested one bit in coaching, but it would be fun to see someone like Bobby Hurley walking the sidelines.

I'm partial to Bobby cause I watched him play High School ball in Jersey City, but his old man is one of the best coaches in HS Basketball history and he played under Coach K at Duke, so he knows how to win.

If he could get a hold of these kids and somehow instill his heart and work-ethic into them, I think we'd see immediate benefits on our team.

Guest Ari Hinkelberger

FLSportsFan --

Its nice to see someone on this board who sees it the way I do.

I have been saying hire a Duke or UNC Assitant for almost a YEAR!.  God Bless You my man.

Coach K has Collins and Wojohowski --- all would jump over heaven and earth for a chance to coach in the Big East -- and all know what it takes to WIN at big east level.

What about Gary Williams bench -- he has plent of quality assitants.

Even Lon Krueger is a good choice.

Rick Majeures is a GREAT addition.  He has to be itching to get back in the game.

If you can coach up Utah -- then you can take the bulls to the tournament at least once.

God Bless ya -- floridasports fan.

God Bless

Ari Hinkelberger

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

FLSportsFan --

Coach K has Collins and Wojohowski --- all would jump over heaven and earth for a chance to coach in the Big East -- and all know what it takes to WIN at big east level.

Just as a note on my post regarding Bobby Hurley, both of these guys fit the exact same mold, at least looking at their college experiences.

They have both played (and coached) under Coach K, and if anyone has followed Duke basketball, they played in a much similar fashion to Hurley when they were on the floor, especially Wojo.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Come on hairy Ari, where do you think the greenbacks are coming from to pay off our current coach and double the salary for a new coach.  Them Duke boys get paid quite nicely.

Guest Ari Hinkelberger

Yeah -- it is an unfortunate situation with are lack of money.  I think that could be the only thing that saves MAC's job.  What a sad state that would be.  We only keep our coach because we don't have enough money to pay off his contract and hire a new guy.  

I guess we just sit around and wait for CJL to pick this boat up, place it on his back and carry us to the promise land.  

It's kind of hard for me to complain about the school having little to no money when I don't send any in.  Once I get a decent, high paying job, I will send my 500 a year into the school.  Or maybe I will just by season ticks to b-ball and f-ball.

I have no idea, how on earth this school got CJL.  Pure luck, I guess.

I find it hard to believe, but maybe we should have valued Greenberg a little more.  At least we were 18-13.  But we sucked back then.  We weren't really good.  We never had any real high quality wins.  We never made the tournament.  

The answer is out there.  I hope Woolard knows what it is.  Hire a good name.  Whatever it takes.  I find it so hard to believe that Collins or Wojo wouldn't jump at a chance to coach in the BEST conference in the country, no matter what the pay is.  Unlike a few years ago, this university has a lot to offer a basketball coach.  The Big East doesn't just come around all the time.  Many coaches wait an entire lifetime to coach against SU, UCONN, G-TOWN, PITT, ST. JOHNS and Notre Dame.

Why not Matt Dougherty.?  We can't get him?!!!!  Come on -- this guy Mac is such a turd....  I know we can do better.  I mean, I don't think we will win a single game in the Big East.  What a joke.

Ari Hinkelberger