• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anything on these guys from Tampa?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Recruiting update on Fla. standouts

Adam Gorney

UConnReport.com Editor  

Tampa (Fla.) Chamberlain H.S. standouts Roderick Jenrette, Kylan Robinson and Edner Alcin have all received offers from UConn and coach Brian Turner recently talked about his players' interest in the Huskies. Jenrette visited Rutgers this past weekend and Robinson is a top-15 running back in the nation.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

I went to all of the Chamberlain games this year and watched every play from the sidelines. Here are the rundowns of these kids:

Roderick Jenrette: Think Lawrence Phillips. All the talent in the world, but the kid cant keep his butt out of trouble. Jenrette was the starting RB, but lost the job to Kylan Robinson because he was suspended for fighting a kid on JV at the pep rally for the first game. Later in the season he was arrested the day of a game for theft, but still played. He punched a kid from Gaither on the first series, was kicked out of the game, then was suspended for the first round of the playoffs. Again, he has more talent than he knows what to do with, he just doesnt realize it. He played RB and OLB, but would be a better fit in the defensive backfield.

Kylan Robinson is a horse. Even against Lakeland while losing their tails, he never stopped. He is decievingly fast because of his size. He rarely went down after inital contact. Most of the time, he looked like a man amoungst boys. Robinson is a stud. Nobody has heard much about him because this is his first year in Florida. He came from Alaska so he is relativel unknown around here. I think he will be a stud at the next level. He is a smart kid with great potential.

Ed Alcin is about 6'5 and caught almost everything within his reach, which wasn't much because of the offense Chambo runs. He is tall and fast, but needs to put on muscle, He is very thin. His YAC was usually pretty high because he could juke out the DB's from the other team.

Out of those 3, Kylan Robinson is the kid to go after. He is going to be a stud at the next level and beyond. Ed Alcin didn't prove a whole lot, but that wasn't his fault. I would try and stay away frm Jenrette. That kid just has a bad vibe about him. He would yell at the coaches, he has a complete lack of dicipline.

I forgot to mention Kylan Robinson's 400+ yard game.

I think it was right around 410 yards. It was against Alonso, which isnt a football powerhouse, but they did make the playoffs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Thanx !

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i like roderick jennrette, hes good on both sides of the ball and could be a great asset to us on defense, some of the tackles he made were amazing, coming from across the field to make them at that.  i also liked his decisions to hold on and let the play come to him, and the second delay before going into sack the qb.  

ed alcin, i like the fact that he can actually catch the ball.  i didn't see to much of him making big yards out of his catches, but at least he caught it.

Guest S.  Bien

Great run down, and that's how I see it too.  Jenrette has all the talent in the world.  I see him as a great OLB once he gets to college and adds the weight and strength, but I didn't realize the extent of the trouble he got in.  I knew he was always in the doghouse but didn't know why.  From what you're saying that's enough reason to stay away.  To bad because of the three he's the one I liked the most.  I like Kylan Robinson a lot but I am still not sure he'll play RB in college.  He's a big kid, with a good burst, and plays very hard just didn't play enough RB to get a great feel.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bring in all world talented  troublemakers but keep them on short lease

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

OK, so why are these kids talking to UCONN and not us?  They are in are back yard and we are not on their list at all?  Maybe not the troublemaker but the other two?