• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

I hope Mohl gets USF baseball going in 2024, but so far history doesn’t show he will. I think this year will be the tipping point on whether he goes or stays. Football, basketball, track, volleyball have all shown that turnarounds should have happened by now. 

we can criticize our neighbors to the East, but one thing, I will say about them, they expect to win and make moves in removing coaches that don’t.

Here is a quick example for you. At the end of last year two AAC coaches had th3 following records:

Coach A was 225-149 and 83-66 in AAC

Coach B was 148-158 and 54-72 in AAC

Guess who got fired and who still on board?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

Coach A was hired 1 year before Coach B, has made the regional tournament once (2017 his first year), went 0-2 in that tournament, has 0 conference titles and the school was moving into the Big 12 and did not just hire a new FB and MBB coach

Coach B was hired 1 year after Coach A (so they are getting the same number of years), has made the regional tournament twice (2018 his first year (went 1-2) and then again in 2021 (went 3-1 and won the regional advancing to the super regional - only time in school history), has 1 conference title, and school was staying in the aac and had just hired a new FB coach and MBB coach.

And now we know the rest of the story

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

3 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Coach A was hired 1 year before Coach B, has made the regional tournament once (2017 his first year), went 0-2 in that tournament, has 0 conference titles and the school was moving into the Big 12 and did not just hire a new FB and MBB coach

Coach B was hired 1 year after Coach A (so they are getting the same number of years), has made the regional tournament twice (2018 his first year (went 1-2) and then again in 2021 (went 3-1 and won the regional advancing to the super regional - only time in school history), has 1 conference title, and school was staying in the aac and had just hired a new FB coach and MBB coach.

And now we know the rest of the story

Your loyalty is commendable. Still, Coach B needs things to turn in his favor pretty soon.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Your loyalty is commendable. Still, Coach B needs things to turn in his favor pretty soon.

My loyalty is to USF.   There were no opinions in that statement only facts

16 hours ago, Brad said:

Absolutely, which is why I thought he was gone after last year (and so did a few with more insight then I) but he's here this year so we roll with it.  He'll be gone after this year if the season is not a success.

It is also why Coach A was fired.  No regional trips in 6 years and no wins in regionals ever and no conference championships not his W/L record. (I also believe there were some internal concerns from what I was told)