• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Temple Owls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, LongTimeWatcher said:

I’m wondering what our record would be with this group, but not this coach, a year or two ago. We probably would’ve lost at Memphis. Probably would’ve lost the home game against Wichita. Probably would not have been successful at Temple. I know we blew out Florida State, but would that have happened a year ago? You have to give VPMK credit for this hire.

The early losses will hurt us in the Ken Pom rankings that help to determine the NCAA tournament, so we may have to win the conference tournament to get in. But those early losses served as lessons  and the lessons were learned. It’s gonna be a fun ride the rest of the way. 

CAAR is doing what CBG could not: get every ounce of talent out of all the guys from the team and create a balanced offensive chemistry within the group. I don’t think this year’s group is heads and shoulders above CBG’s guys. CAAR is putting his guys in a scheme that is working best for the team. Pyor cooking right now is a testament to that. 

Edited by Bob Loblaw

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

13 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

CAAR is doing what CBG could not: get every ounce of talent out of all the guys from the team and create a balanced offensive chemistry within the group. I don’t think this year’s group is heads and shoulders above CBG’s guys. CAAR is putting his guys in a scheme that is working best for the team. Pyor cooking right now is a testament to that. 

two different offensive philosophies. CAAR is running a modern offense where 3 pointers and driving to the basket is a focus.

CBG ran an offense around a traditional big man who played with his back to the basket.

CAAR wants better shooters. CBG wanted better athletes.

Pryor is thriving because the offense is designed for a big man who can shoot 3's and drive to the basket.

our defense is designed to stop the 3's and defend the rim. we are ranked 72 in defensive efficiency this year where we were 168 last year.

our offensive efficiency is up as well.

we should only get better as there are a plethora of guys that fit this system as opposed to CBG where you needed a quality old school big man and they are harder to find

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

14 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Well, with the previous coach, Pryor would probably be on the bench.

If gregory were still here, Pryor wouldn't even be on the roster. He doesn't fit the old school big man role that gregory preferred.