• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-UF 2008 Game Postponed To 2011

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I see it as a win-win. Let our program develop another year and we play a much more evenly matched team at home in Kansas.

That´s my thought, we still play them in 2008 and BULLieve we will win ... the 2011 game will only have USF MUCH STRONGER !

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And if USF was in an in-state bowl, they'd pack the stands... Here's a little history / math for you, let me know if it gets to complicated for ya...

2002 Avg attendance: 26,304

2003 Avg attendance: 32,061

2004 Avg attendance: 27,060* (2 early/day games kill attendance)

2005 Avg attendance: 38,865

It's only a matter of time before we hit 50+.  Add to that USF is THE largest University in Florida, see where this trend is taking us?

Now tell me again how there is going to be more UF fans (than Bulls) in the stadium if this game were played, oh say 5 years from now.

I´m right there with you twilly ! And our fans base will continue to grow. We have kids that grew up knowing USF Football and become students that LOVE football... and BULL Nation.

We know that many BULL Football fans were fans of other state schools or schools from where they grew up.

We will enter year 10 ... YEAR 10 of Football at USF next season ... wait ´til we hit football puberty - the place will be rocking !

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

That´s my thought, we still play them in 2008 and BULLieve we will win ... the 2011 game will only have USF MUCH STRONGER !

Go BULLS !!!

I'd be surprised if we played UF at all unless they find a way to come to RJS. We're in a BCS Conference now, so we shouldn't be taking pay day games anymore.

The Florida deal was agreed on when we were in C-USA. Since we accepted membership into the Big East Doug Woolard has signed home and home deals with Miami, UNC, Kansas, as well as, a 2 for 1 with FIU. No more selling out for anyone.

... Attendance will go down next season. ...

I don´t think so, no doubt that the two state teams helped, but another year of people knowing football at USF and they will look at the schedule and see teams they BULLieve USF will win ... Tampa is full of ``I´ll go if they win`` type attitude.

We will average 40K plus, mainly because students will be in stronger force, IMO.

P.S. Sorry for the `` for quotations, it´s not a normal keyboard here in Rio.

Go BULLS !!!

I'd be surprised if we played UF at all unless they find a way to come to RJS. We're in a BCS Conference now, so we shouldn't be taking pay day games anymore.

I see us possibly changing the 2011 game, buy out unless they give us a game in return. But it´s a long ways off as WWW put it ... we just need to beat them in 2009 !!!

And I don´t see us doing anymore pay games ... and this may have been done to make room for a big name to come here in 2008 after an away game in 2007. Woolard is doing a great job for football scheduling.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  192
  • Days Won:  0

Here he goes, "Joe Gator" at it again.   For all of you who do not know Joe is a die hard Gator fan posing as a Bull's fan.  He knows how many Gator fans were there because he was one of them. He has his Bulls jersey on normally and then whenever they play the Gators in any sport the hidden Gator jersey hanging in the closet comes out.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

"Joe Gator" Your a moron. I have woprked for a couple of sports teams now in attendance boosting positions. I go tto USF, and have been to every game since I have attended...How many have you been to?

Am I a Gator fan...no. My familyt did go there and grew up going to the games, but I never considered my self a fan (I was an Irish fan).

SHow me one reason why you believe attendance will go up next season, a good reason, not because "we went to a bowl game" or "people heard about us" Many people in the area already have college football allegiances, it is hard to pick up new "hard core" fans without going through the students first. It will be a few years before we have that type of fan base (10-20 years).

PS- I'm such a Gator fan Baseball, that you acused me of defending a Seminole last week. Get off my bad and look at the situtation without the green and gold goggles.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

I'll say it again, we have a home game v. the Gators, not only would we drop out pants for them, but 70% of the stadium would be Gator fans. You you really want that?

yes