• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why Dexter Why??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  0

Scout.Com is reporting that Dexter McCluster has changed his verbal to Ole Miss.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

Dexter McCluster commits to Ole Miss

Dexter McCluster  By Yancy Porter

Mississippi Scout

Date: Dec 20, 2005

Dexter McCluster (Ath, Largo, FL) - The Orlando Sentinal's #21 overall rated prospect in the state of Florida decommitted from South Florida and committed to the University of Mississippi tonight.

"I slept on it and talked to God, and I think it is the best decision for me to go to Ole Miss," commented the personable Dexter McCluster.

What was South Florida's reaction?

"I actually have not had a chance to talk to them because I am in Ocala playing in an All-Star game right now."

Why Ole Miss?

"I took a visit there, and the thing I liked about it there is that it is not all about football. I got there and they had my transcript and a professor waiting on me. We went over everything and mapped out a plan for me to get qualified. I want to major in Business and they have one of the top Business programs in the country. We went over everything that would be expected of me for my major. It all just fit. And besides, I love their coaches and they have top notch facilities."

Where will Ole Miss utilize Dexter next season?

"They plan to get me to the outside so they can utilize my speed. They want to put me in the slot, and I will actually be returning punts and kickoffs for them."

Will Dexter visit Florida and West Virginia in January?

"No, I am done. I am 100% sure of my decision. I know there are going to be a lot of people upset with my decision, but I have to do what is in the best interest for me, not them."

this just stinks for us, who else do we have for running back coming in?  this is a great loss for our recruiting class

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

josh do u think u can post ur story about this here as well? i don't pay so i can't view what u and him talked about.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Scout is also reporting that Stirrups is talking to UF. Urban Meyer called him this week.

Guest Josh Newberg

I wrote a story on him last week.  But that story has him as a commitment to USF.  The story on my site now is legit, its also the one someone posted on here.  I spoke with the author of the story about an hour ago, and I also just got off the phone with dex and his dad and put the details on my message board.  I can tell you it sounds like a done deal........for now.  

Josh Newberg

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

thats why we need to wait until feb 1st before we pretend we have these guys suiting up.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Well hopefully CJL can work on this kid and Stirrups.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

id rather have stirrups than Dexter