• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Follow Along As The Bulls Jam In Paradise

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  2,942
  • Days Won:  2

Watching the FB game so I appreciate the dialogue here to keep me apprised of what's happening with the ladies game.      

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777

Texas coach stopped pressuring and allowed Bulls to bring the ball up the court in the second half. No doubt not wanting to embarrass CJF. After 0-11 from deep, now have hit the last 3. Again, Texas not applying any pressure. 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777

9 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Texas coach stopped pressuring and allowed Bulls to bring the ball up the court in the second half. No doubt not wanting to embarrass CJF. After 0-11 from deep, now have hit the last 3. Again, Texas not applying any pressure. 

76-44 final. Texas allowed us to score 24 points in the 4th quarter. They pretty much stopped playing defense in the final quarter. We got our first offensive rebound in the final minute of the game.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  2,942

38 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

76-44 final. Texas allowed us to score 24 points in the 4th quarter. They pretty much stopped playing defense in the final quarter. We got our first offensive rebound in the final minute of the game.

Yikes.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

20 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

Coach Fernandez is not doing a good job with the players he has, Simple as that. You really show your coaching ability when you don’t have superstars on your team. We have decent players that if he plays to there strengths we would score more. Wilson can’t score all she does in dribble around for 20 seconds. So,maybe don’t start her and maybe start our tallest players since we can’t shoot maybe we can get some points in the paint.The Line up in right now has no scores.

Remember when I called you the guru? It's stuff like this that led me to say it. Have you coached at the high school level or above? If so, fine, I'll read your criticism under a different light.

CJF hasn't brought in a lot of superstars. They go to UConn, ND, So Carolina, etc. He has developed the good players over time. Dulcy didn't come in as a superstar. She put in the work before her senior year. The year before that she could hardly get in the court.

You seriously think he doesn't play to the player's strengths? He sees these kids every day in practice. He knows what they are capable of.

Hopefully he finds combinations that work this season and the new guys continue to develop. 

Your I know more than him approach is wearing thin.