• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

So no to the jug machine?

Jenn Sterger only came to the games when we were BigEast.

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Ricky the Bull said:

And when we were the fashionable new thing.  🤣

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

As did many.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

As did many.

Then Judy's vision for USF came to full fruition once she fired the Godfather of USF Football, Jim Leavitt, and athletics were neglected for over a decade. Luckily we have a president now that seems to care about investing in athletics. Empty seats every where, lots of losses, and the excitement vanished before our eyes. The only way she could actually make it write  the fucll check to build the OCS herself and name it after Le Roy Selmon and Jim Leavitt. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Then Judy's vision for USF came to full fruition once she fired the Godfather of USF Football, Jim Leavitt, and athletics were neglected for over a decade. Luckily we have a president now that seems to care about investing in athletics.

I don't think athletics were neglected for over a decade. Arguably yes the OCS should have come sooner, but we spent money on athletics and on coaches and we upgraded our facilities. Just made bad coaching and AD hires, but our lack of success wasn't necessarily due to neglect. In another wormhole Holtz would have been a success and Heath would have sustained forward momentum.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I don't think athletics were neglected for over a decade. Arguably yes the OCS should have come sooner, but we spent money on athletics and on coaches and we upgraded our facilities. Just made bad coaching and AD hires, but our lack of success wasn't necessarily due to neglect. In another wormhole Holtz would have been a success and Heath would have sustained forward momentum.

Her plan failed USF Football, the alumni, the fans, and the students. Now we can't fill the student section becaues her actions led us down this path . The IPF should have been built over a  decade ago.

Edited by Outlaw

Not to kick this horse again.  It was more than "her".  She did have an AD. We simply weren't ready for the success Jim Leavitt brought to USF.  We had NO ONE with experience with a big time football program (or potential big time).  We were not fully equipped.

• Upvote 2

Back to the students.  Let's win.  they'll show up.  No one (almost) likes a loser, no matter how lovable.  Let's get serious about winning and they'll want to be there.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, Brad said:

Back to the students.  Let's win.  they'll show up.  No one (almost) likes a loser, no matter how lovable.  Let's get serious about winning and they'll want to be there.

Certainly there’s a snowball effect with winning but I’m afraid the ceiling, even if winning, is going to be pretty low as long as we are in the AAC. At least that is what this year seems to be indicating since we have won some.

That’s where I’d hope and expect to see USF attempting something/anything to attract students/fans to games today. Even the Rays have a concert series which has caused me personally to attend 2x the number of Rays games than I would have otherwise. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

Florida - Florida State game is at 7pm the night of our Charlotte game.

Already know plenty of students will stay home to watch that one rather than support the team that represents their own school. I’ll do my best to get other students out to the game as always, but that’s hard to compete with.