• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can we steal a 4star recruit from UM yet again?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Coker will call up Edge and ask him to convince Javarris to stay with UM.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

No Smazza, I think he's serious.

UF has 1 4 star rb committed, and another in the wings with Mon Williams awaiting his SAT scores.

USC is getting the number 1 RB in DeMarco Murray (more than likely)

Nebraska and USF both are in need of a RB with McCluster waivering. I think its going to bed hard, but its not improbable.

yes but we want to positive  ;D

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

UM is after other highly regarded backs with more speed than James. i think he realizes that withe crowded competition for RBS in Miami, he could end up moved to LB.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100

I wouldn't expect him to be Edgerrin James, but I'm pretty **** sure he would be better than any other back we have, and that includes Ponton.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

James will be a great recruit whereever he goes....

hopefully is it USF.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't expect him to be Edgerrin James, but I'm pretty **** sure he would be better than any other back we have, and that includes Ponton.

have you seen him play? what makes you think that?  just the stars thing? or bloodline?

Ponton is one of the most prolific HS runners in the bay area... i'm not sure how you can say anyone is automatically heads and tails above him.  Maybe he is... but I want to know why you think that...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Could be a starter, not would be a starter ........ I hope he understands the difference if he comes here.

He stands a decent chance of beating out Ponton or Simpson.  Ponton looked pretty good, but remember even with an all BE back this year we had a HB sub!  All he has to do is make it to #2.  If he has good results in games, he can win the job.

I know simpson is a terrific runner in space, but I've not seen a great deal of him at halfback in our system yet.  Can he slip through the small creases and fight/make moves for the hard yards?  I'm not saying he can't.  I'd be elated if he could.  But the younger back has to see opportunities here.

If I were him and wanted PT right away, I'd look at Miami to be #2, USF to be #2 or potentially #1, or Nebraska to be #2 or #1.

USF is the closest and has a great RB coach, so we're as good a choice as any, even to an objective viewer (esp given what hall has shown here).

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Well if you look at what Hall has done at USF, a potential RB recuit that can play in 2 years would have to look at the school. Especially if McCluster doesn't come.

james would help our playing calling on 3nd and 2....just give it to Baby J.  i have only seen a handful of his games and they were from his soph and junior seasons but i am willing to beat this kid was never tackled for a loss.

i know as a junior he was the ft myers news-press offensive player of the year.

this year im sure Noel Devine will take that award...specially since James missed a few games