• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the transfer portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Days Won:  28

42 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Of course we can and probably will lose players, but below is the list that I found of QB transfers last offseason.  Not many from G5  teams and even fewer from G5 to P5.  Again it could happen, but it's not really likely that BB leaves next offseason

WWW.ON3.COM

The best 2023 college football qb that have entered the transfer portal.

Not to mention, any starting QB that transferred usually did it as a grad transfer or FCS to FBS. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,368
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Not to mention, any starting QB that transferred usually did it as a grad transfer or FCS to FBS. 

Yep, that was the other part of the point that I didn't restate in that post.  Not a whole lot of 18-19 year olds on that list (if any).   It's also a big jump from the aac to week in and week out games with the big boys

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

It’s lawyer speak, you wouldn’t understand

Really? Sounds like Kevin from the office doing the trick with less words.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Naa he's not going anywhere. Sure he's good but yall are making him out to be Caleb Williams good over here. Not quite there yet. 

Also making him out to be a bloodsucking moneygrabber.  Seems to me he was raised better than that.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Yep, that was the other part of the point that I didn't restate in that post.  Not a whole lot of 18-19 year olds on that list (if any).   It's also a big jump from the aac to week in and week out games with the big boys

I havent seen any players that are starters and at a school with a returning coach be "poached" yet. But all these fans are predicting that we are going to be on this cycle of losing our best players every year. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454

17 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I havent seen any players that are starters and at a school with a returning coach be "poached" yet. But all these fans are predicting that we are going to be on this cycle of losing our best players every year. 

We will know in the next 6-8 months but add me to that list of fans. Except for Brown, USF lost every impact offensive player on a 1-11 team despite those players knowing a highly regarded offensive coach from a top ranked P5 school was being brought in. Unless a school has deep NIL pockets, being at the top-ish of the G5 is likely going to be result in “call ups” of your best players who are replaced by 2nd/3rd chance type of players from other schools. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,711
  • Days Won:  424

43 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

9 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

We will know in the next 6-8 months but add me to that list of fans. Except for Brown, USF lost every impact offensive player on a 1-11 team despite those players knowing a highly regarded offensive coach from a top ranked P5 school was being brought in. Unless a school has deep NIL pockets, being at the top-ish of the G5 is likely going to be result in “call ups” of your best players who are replaced by 2nd/3rd chance type of players from other schools. 

I'm not saying we definitely won't lose players but comparing THAT situation to what hopefully will be the situation at the end of this year is kinda ridiculous ...... but I get the "woe is us" feeling that permeates some of our fan base on certain things.

• Crying 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

It depends on the type of players you have.  The departees last year didn't depart because of a coaching change.  That's silly to even consider.  

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm not saying we definitely won't lose players but comparing THAT situation to what hopefully will be the situation at the end of this year is kinda ridiculous ...... but I get the "woe is us" feeling that permeates some of our fan base on certain things.

Not sure it’s all that ridiculous when my outcome is based on the recent actual history of USF (and numerous colleges around the country, many/most of which didn’t have coaching changes) while your outcome is based on “hopefully”.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,368
  • Days Won:  5

10 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Not sure it’s all that ridiculous when my outcome is based on the recent actual history of USF (and numerous colleges around the country, many/most of which didn’t have coaching changes) while your outcome is based on “hopefully”.

Except it isn't what is happening all around the country.  See the list previously posted of QB transfers