• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Bay Times

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

'Cause that's how upsets work! 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

37 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

The online copy would not be discounted. That's the direction the organization is headed - 100% online. As soon as feasible, the paper rendition - which only gets published on Wednesday and Sunday - will be discontinued. But I wouldn't bet on the 'transportation fee" dollar value disappearing! OK, you no longer have to pay $50 admin fee for your ticket, but the base price of a ticket is going to increase $50. See! It all works out! 😆

Oh, I get that. But when they want to charge $185 with a transportation fee because of a hard copy that I never even open, then tell me we'll stop delivering that hard copy, but we're KEEPING the transportation fee, screw them. Now instead of losing, I think it was $68, they lose the entire fee. As for the ticket fee analogy, trust me, they're getting close. There have been a few times where they've tried to hide increases.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,980
  • Days Won:  2

16 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

'Cause that's how upsets work! 

You are right.  Agree.  It's the nature of it..  In CFB you have to pull off a lot of upsets before the pundits begin to switch the narrative about you.  Particularly in a G5 world.  

Edited by Cat941
ETA

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Pretty sure the agreement is (a) fully digital or (b) digital with physical on Wednesday & Friday.  There are different e-versions depending on market (e.g., Pasco, Hernando, etc.). And there is different content between the digital and print editions, with much more content online. 

Assume you meant Sunday instead of Friday?