• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Celebrating AAU and new stadium during in game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,515
  • Days Won:  25

Let's be honest here what works be a bigger deal for the people at the football game an announcement  celebrating aau status or pulling off the  almost impossible beating the Bama. If we pulled off a miracle people would probaly rush the field. IF they show aau status announcement on the jumbotron you won't even get a clap from everyone usf fan in the stands. Aau status  is great for academics but doesn't have any correlation to wins on the field. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Let's be honest here what works be a bigger deal for the people at the football game an announcement  celebrating aau status or pulling off the  almost impossible beating the Bama. If we pulled off a miracle people would probaly rush the field. IF they show aau status announcement on the jumbotron you won't even get a clap from everyone usf fan in the stands. Aau status  is great for academics but doesn't have any correlation to wins on the field. 

I disagree...it's a huge accomplishment and should be celebrated at the university's largest audience during the year...which is a football game.  I would have the band spell AAU at halftime with the U being the iconic U.  Get the overhead picture and blast it everywhere.   School needs as much good pub as we can get at this point.  

The school has always announced university and other sports successes at football games with good response from the crowd. 

We are one USF!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,515
  • Days Won:  25

Has there have been a parade  filled with students and fans celebrating AAU status, students rushing a field for Aau status, or block parties lasting to the next morning for Aau status?  For the  academics, research, and making money for the academic side AAU is great. The only conferences rumored to care were  the dead pac or B1G. I don't see the B1G ever inviting USF over Miami or FSU.  The last national championship with AAU status was Ohio State 2014 and  then Florida in 2008. I don't think the majority of their fans care about it. They are two totally different parts of the school. I haven't heard one Bama, Clemson, LSU, Florida State, or Georgia fan mention man we really want AAU status or would trade their titles for AAU status. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,882
  • Days Won:  67

14 minutes ago, KB said:

I disagree...it's a huge accomplishment and should be celebrated at the university's largest audience during the year...which is a football game.  I would have the band spell AAU at halftime with the U being the iconic U.  Get the overhead picture and blast it everywhere.   School needs as much good pub as we can get at this point.  

The school has always announced university and other sports successes at football games with good response from the crowd. 

We are one USF!

If we are completely honest, many of us did not even know what AAU was until maybe a couple years ago however that is a pretty cool idea.