• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Everybody uses fake attendance numbers. Nobody's misleading anybody ....

Right, because publishing 29k “attendance”   for Rice when in reality it’s a 1/3rd of that is not intentionally misleading at all. Pretty sure they offered cheap tickets to Hillsborough County School employees, so there’s 15-20k of that Rice figure.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Right, because publishing 29k “attendance”   for Rice when in reality it’s a 1/3rd of that is not intentionally misleading at all.

They're using the same criteria that all other college programs use so I don't know what to tell you ....

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

They're using the same criteria that all other college programs use so I don't know what to tell you ....

Plus let’s be honest. Who can trust the TSA numbers. The Bama game was packed. In fact plenty duplicate seats sold (scams). I was next two people who had their seats taken and then they had to move people to the box 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I thought we agreed to this some time back, didn't we? Remember, we had that meeting where we all agreed to use some measure of 'tickets distributed' rather than turnstile flips? I'm pretty sure we covered this. Now, if one were resident in...oh, let's say, Neyland Stadium, Michigan Stadium or Bryant-Denny, nitpicking over distribution versus butt cheeks on bleachers is irrelevant. Remember kids, there's a difference between "the truth" and "full disclosure". :iconic_u_black:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  399

10 hours ago, 00Bull said:

So to compare:

FAMU “attendance” 36.5k (-14k difference)

Alabama “attendance” 65k (-17k difference)

Rice “attendance” 29k (-18.5k difference)

Glad we can dispose of those fake attendance numbers once and for all. Hopefully those who’ve been misled can reset their understanding of the situation at hand.   

I think the school really only cares if people are buying the tickets, they care more about that than people showing up for the games. But if they’re giving out 15k free tickets a game, I would think they’re losing money every game. Hopefully that made sense.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I’ve explained this before…USF plays in a 65k stadium compared to other AAC schools in their 25-35k stadiums. That difference and the size of our metro area would allow USF to distribute far more tickets than most other AAC teams. So although everyone may be misleading, the extent to which USF can fudge their numbers is far greater. It’s much easier to say 29k in attendance in a 65k stadium when 10k show up than it is in a 35k stadium. 

I’m just happy to see some transparency so I can stop reading things like:

-our current games are sellouts in the new OCS

-the game wasn’t really empty, everyone was in the club suites

4 minutes ago, Bryson W said:

I think the school really only cares if people are buying the tickets, they care more about that than people showing up for the games. But if they’re giving out 15k free tickets a game, I would think they’re losing money every game. Hopefully that made sense.

It does and I agree. I only point it out for the folks who have been using those attendance numbers in forming their opinions/outlook. Bad data = bad conclusions.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  399

2 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

-our current games are sellouts in the new OCS

They probably will be. More people would want to go to the campus than Raymond James for a usf game, the environment would be a lot better and feel like real college football.

8 minutes ago, Bryson W said:

They probably will be. More people would want to go to the campus than Raymond James for a usf game, the environment would be a lot better and feel like real college football.

We’ll see. If the presence of the OCS takes actual attendance of a Rice game from 10k to 35k, I’d be ecstatic. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,169
  • Days Won:  56

The fact that Joey Knight is continually harping on USF and Rays attendance seems to be making the case that he really doesn’t need his job. If there is no interest from fans, then I guess there’s no need for sportswriters to cover. Just need one guy to cover the Lightning and Bucs (but only when they’re winning).